- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 13
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Supervisory Skills: Types and Importance
Course SummaryUse our short videos and quizzes in this How to Be an Effective Manager course to help your company's leaders develop strong decision-making and problem-solving skills. These lessons help supervisors to review important management topics and better understand managerial principles and processes.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Effective managers are aware that there are several methods to solve most workplace problems. This course explores the many types of skills managers need, including managing a diverse workforce and setting goals for their team. The quizzes that accompany each lesson offer opportunities for your managers to assess their knowledge and discuss the characteristics of an effective manager.
How It Works
The lessons in this course can be used as part of a group corporate training program or watched by each manager at their convenience. The lessons, which average about 5 minutes, are available anytime, via computer or mobile device.
Important training features in this course include:
- Short lessons taught by experts who include lots of examples to get their points across
- Clickable links to key parts of the lesson, so your managers won't have to re-watch the entire video to get to the section they would like to view
- Lesson quizzes that offer opportunities for discussion among your managers
- A chapter exam that looks at types of supervisory skills, including problem solving and conflict resolution
- A chapter exam covering steps in decision making and the strategic management process
- A final exam that reviews all the material in this course
How It Helps
- Increases productivity: By watching these lessons, your company's leadership team can develop ideas to empower their employees. Employee empowerment has been shown to lead to increased job satisfaction and productivity.
- Develops communication skills: Learning about types of communication and when to employ them will help your management team be more effective.
- Explains managerial techniques: This course examines common problems faced by managers and supervisors and explores methods to solve them.
- Promotes discussion: If you organize group training sessions, your company's leaders can use this course and its quizzes to exchange ideas, discuss problems and develop new ideas for the company.
Effective Management Skills
- Important supervisory skills
- Interpersonal skills for the workplace
- Employee empowerment
- Management for a diverse workforce
- Types of communication
- Conflict resolution
- Locke's Goal-Setting Theory
Planning & Decision Making in Management
- Problem-solving methods for management
- Decision-making steps
- The strategic management process
- Types of planning
- TQM principles
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- How an IEP Can Help Your ADHD Kid Do Better on Tests
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- How Active Listening Helps You Communicate Better with Students
- College Activities That Develop Important Soft Skills
- Life Skills Training and Educational Programs: Helping to Make Strong Communities Through Social Services
- Making Libraries Better: Study.com Speaks with Daisy Porter, Manager of Innovation
- Overview of the Skills Needed to Become a Library Helper
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses