- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 17
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Retail Selling? - Techniques & Process
Course SummaryThis engaging course closely examines what it takes to be successful in retail sales. Help your employees improve their sales strategies and become experts at closing sales by incorporating entertaining lessons into your corporate training sessions.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The lessons in this course are fun to review and focus on specific topics related to success in retail sales. Employees who review the lessons can enhance their understanding of FABS and value-added selling techniques, sales resistance, how to deliver a sales presentation, upselling and much more.
How It Works
This course is flexible, enabling you to select the lessons you believe will help your employees fully comprehend how to be successful in retail sales. Include the lessons in your training sessions or let your employees access them independently.
Training features offered in this course include:
- Short lessons that closely examine various sales techniques and the basics of closing a sale
- Multiple-choice quizzes that can check employees' grasp of the lessons
- Chapter exams and a course exam designed to reinforce lesson concepts
- Mobile features that enable employees to access this course from any smartphone or tablet
How It Helps
- Examines various techniques: This course explores a wide variety of techniques and strategies for successfully making sales.
- Offers guidance: Lessons guide employees through the proper steps for selling to multiple customers, delivering sales presentations, responding to price resistance and more.
- Improves sales: Lessons are designed to help employees gauge customer needs and identify signals that can reduce resistance and increase sales.
Upon completion of this course, employees should understand the following:
- Techniques and strategies that increase success during the selling process
- How salespeople can effectively close a sale
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Become a Retail Sales Representative
- Retail Sales Management Education and Training Program Overviews
- Retail Sales Associate Career Information
- Retail Sales Manager: Job Description & Requirements
- Retail Sales Associates: Job Duties & Requirements
- Retail Sales Merchandiser: Job Description and Requirements
- Online Sales Courses and Classes Overview
- Retail Sales Manager: Job Description & Career Info
- Become a Retail Sales Consultant: Step-by-Step Career Guide
- Online Sales Training and Degree Program Overviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses