- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 57
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Flipped Classroom: Definition & Model
Course SummaryTake a look at this comprehensive course to learn everything you need to know about flipped classroom planning, implementation and teaching. The course is accessible at any time, and you can use it to create your own flipped classroom environment.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course offers you a quick and efficient way to review the fundamentals of flipped classrooms and apply flipped learning approaches to your instruction. Work through this collection of lessons to explore flipped classroom technology, assessments, case studies and much more. The course's online format allows you to learn how to flip your classroom wherever and whenever it's convenient, and if you have any questions about flipping your classroom, you can submit them to our instructors online.
How It Works
The course is easy to use. You can access it on any computer or mobile device, and inside, you'll find a variety of engaging lessons that explain flipped classroom topics in a way that's easy to understand and remember. You'll also have 24/7 access to the course.
The course includes:
- Expertly taught lessons that are typically less than ten minutes in length
- Printable lesson transcripts for offline study
- Interactive lesson quizzes and chapter exams that help you reinforce your understanding of flipped learning concepts
- A comprehensive final assessment to help you evaluate your readiness to flip your classroom
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The course helps teachers become more aware of the benefits of flipped learning, as well as the functions of flipped classroom technologies.
- Improves instructional skills: You'll examine flipped learning approaches that you can start using in the classroom.
- Outlines useful technologies: Our instructors show you how to effectively integrate technologies in your flipped classroom.
- Understanding the fundamentals of flipped classrooms
- Applying constructivist, active, problem-based and collaborative learning in flipped classrooms
- Using technology in a flipped classroom setting
- Developing lessons for flipped classrooms
- Engaging and assessing students in flipped classrooms
- Evaluating growth and reflection in flipped classroom environments
- Analyzing case studies about flipped learning
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Use Study.com to Flip Your Classroom
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Decoding the Differences Among Virtual, Hybrid & Flipped Classrooms
- New to Virtual Classrooms? Here's What You Need to Know
- How to Implement Personalized Learning Plans in the Classroom
- 5 Things to Know About Creating a BYOD Classroom
- Online Courses: Bring the Classroom Home!
- Here's How I Implemented a Reciprocal Teaching Strategy in My Classroom
- High School Calculus Teacher Incorporates Free Online Videos Into Flipped Classroom Method
- Everything You Need to Know About Indian Presidential Elections
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses