- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 13
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is the Role of the Customer Service Manager?
Course SummaryThis course is comprised of short lessons discussing effective customer service management, team building and communication skills. Help your employees understand the functions and characteristics of strong customer service management through lessons that you can use in group or individual training sessions.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Instructors have broken this course down into engaging chapters, which outline the roles of a customer service manager and stages of team development. The course also describes the communication skills needed in customer service and methods for coaching and teaching your customer service team.
How It Works
Throughout this course, your employees can browse through lessons that present the material in an engaging and efficient manner. Gaining access to this course is easy, and it can be viewed online.
The following components are included in this interactive course:
- Illustrated videos and text transcripts making learning about customer service fun
- Lesson quizzes allow your employees to gauge their understanding of leading a customer service team
- Chapter exams where employees can test their comprehension of customer service management
- A final exam you can use to assess their knowledge of all the topics covered within this course
How It Helps
- Provides strategies for team building: After viewing lessons on the characteristics of effective teams and team building activities, your managerial employees can improve their abilities to create a cohesive team.
- Educates managers: This course helps managers understand the role of being a team leader and the unique challenges for working in customer service, including staffing, training and supervising.
- Builds skills: By understanding important impersonal skills utilized by customer service workers, managers can coach their employees to be more effective at their job and improve customer satisfaction.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Leading a Customer Service Team||Identify the role of a customer service manager, how to manage a customer service team, the stages of team development, characteristics of effective teams and activities to increase group cohesion.|
|Managing a Customer Service Team||Examine the four functions of management, different managerial skills needed for customer service and what it takes to be a good team leader.|
|Customer Service Communication Skills||Review the different types of communication, the importance of communication skills for customer service managers, communicating within teams and how productive meetings are managed and conducted.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Top Schools for Customer Service Management
- Online Customer Service Courses and Training Programs
- Career Information for a Degree in Customer Service Management
- List of Free Online Customer Service Classes and Lessons
- Jobs that Require Customer Service Skills
- IT Jobs Without Customer Service
- How to Become a Customer Service Supervisor
- How to Become a Customer Service Agent
- Learn Customer Service
- Online MBA in Customer Service Management: Program Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses