- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 20
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Intro to Business Networking
Course SummaryLearn more about networking and boost your resume or online job profile by completing this engaging and easy-to-follow course. Our lessons allow you to work at your own pace to learn about social media, marketing and other business networking concepts.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Make the most out of networking opportunities by using this course's helpful tips. Through video lessons that are typically less than 10 minutes long, experienced instructors guide you in building, organizing and keeping business contacts. There are also self-assessment quizzes and the option to submit questions to the instructor. This course covers the following topics:
- Business networking fundamentals
- Traditional business networking
- Using social media and technology to network
How It Works
One of the advantages of taking this online course is the ease of use and accessibility. You can use your personal computer, tablet, laptop or smartphone to access these lessons. Get started in learning about networking by following these simple instructions:
- Find the chapter that you'd like to view, such as Networking in Social Media, and open the first lesson
- Watch the video in its entirety or read the transcript to find major points
- Complete the lesson quiz to test your knowledge of using social media and technology
- Follow the same steps for the next lesson, and progress through the chapters
- Pass each chapter exam as well as the comprehensive exam at the end of the course
- Obtain a certificate of completion after passing all of the lesson's quizzes
How It Helps
Did you know that you can become a better businessperson by completing this course? This course can confirm what you already know about business networking and bring you up-to-date on social media platforms. You can also learn new ways of marketing yourself through blogs and different styles of business cards. This self-paced course is convenient for experienced professionals and individuals new to the idea of networking to build business relationships. To attract employers, you can add your certificate a completion to your resume.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Introduction to Business Networking||Learn the definition of business networking, connectors and gatekeepers; find out the types and purposes of business networking; and understand the benefit of listening skills.|
|Traditional Business Networking||Examine mistakes made during networking events and learn how to form long-lasting relationships; discover ways to market oneself through business cards and related literature.|
|Networking in Social Media||Get a summary of what social networking is and discuss common websites and applications, such as YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Instagram.|
|Using Technology to Network||Understand the guidelines for using text messaging, instant messaging, Tumblr, blogs and e-mail.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Learn Business
- What Is Network Marketing?
- How to Showcase Your Ability to Learn on Your Resume
- Learn Sales/Marketing
- Learn Copywriting From Home Courses Available Online
- Employers Are Viewing Your Profile on Social Networking Sites
- Learn Social Sciences
- Learn Business Strategy
- Learn International Business
- 5 Lessons I've Learned From Creating My College Resume
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses