- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 23
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Importance of Effective Communication in Customer Service
Course SummaryThis course is an effective training tool you can use to build the skills of your customer service employees in retail and other settings. The training program can help ensure that your employees provide high-quality customer service that's needed for the success of your business.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course is broken down into individual chapters that focus on different areas of customer service, each of which consists of a few lessons that take only minutes to review. Your employees will have the opportunity to review details about customer service communication methods, management practices, customer loyalty and ensuring a positive customer experience. You can use short quizzes in each lesson to ensure that your employees have absorbed all information and are ready to apply the concepts in the workplace.
How It Works
With 24/7 accessibility from any device, this course makes it simple to arrange for training to be completed at any time of the workday. You could even have employees review material at home.
The course contains:
- Engaging lessons that clearly define customer service practices and challenges
- Brief assessment quizzes that allow you to measure what your employees have understood about these topics
- Chapter exams that determine if your employees are ready to move from one concept to the next
- A final exam that can be used to measure your employees' full understanding and ability to apply these methods and concepts in your customer service department
How It Helps
- Identifies and builds strong communication skills: Strong oral and written communications are essential to successful customer service for any type of business.
- Ensures customer satisfaction: Helps your customer service staff develop the skills needed to handle customer service complaints and enhance the overall customer experience.
- Focuses on customer retention: Customer loyalty is crucial for the success of any business, and this course helps you teach your employees how to treat customers in a way that will have them return for your products or services.
Once they have completed this course, your employees should understand:
- The importance of effective communications and knowledge of products/services in customer service
- The definition of Total Customer Experience and how to manage it
- Common challenges in customer service and how to overcome them
- How to measure customer satisfaction
- The role of customer service managers and how to become a leader in customer service
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Customer Service Courses and Training Programs
- Customer Service Training Manager: Salary & Job Description
- Jobs that Require Customer Service Skills
- How to Become a Customer Service Supervisor
- How to Become a Customer Service Agent
- IT Jobs Without Customer Service
- How to Become an Employee Training Specialist
- Courses for Aspiring Customer Service Professionals
- Customer Service Certificate and Certification Programs
- Customer Service Degree Program Overviews
- Cisco Engineer Job Description and Info About a Career As a Cisco Engineer
- Meat Cutter Job Description and Requirements for a Career in Meat Cutting
- Teaching Schools in Raleigh
- Water Plant Technician Job Description and Requirements for Becoming a Water Treatment Plant Technician
- Art Teacher Job Description and Information for Those Interested in Teaching Art
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses