- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 218
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Geography of Vesuvius: Pompeii & Herculaneum
Course SummaryGet ready for the Higher School Certificate (HSC) Ancient History exam with this self-paced test prep course. This convenient and mobile-friendly study tool enables you to review the exam's topics whenever you have free time and practice answering the types of questions you'll encounter on the test.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Work through this self-paced and mobile-friendly study guide course to review all the information you'll need to know for the Higher School Certificate (HSC) Ancient History exam. This comprehensive course contains short video lessons that summarize important eras in ancient history, including ancient Egypt, Assyria, Persia, Greece, Rome and much more. Studying this course can help you quickly review and remember the following topics:
- The cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum
- Ancient Egypt's Old and New Kingdoms
- Ancient Egyptian economy, society, culture and customs
- The histories of ancient Assyria, Israel, Persia, Greece and Rome
- Ancient Minoans and the Mycenaean civilization
- Athens and Sparta
- Important historical personalities from Ancient Egypt, Greece and the Near East
About the Exam
The HSC Ancient History exam is for secondary students in New South Wales who are pursuing an HSC Certificate. The exam is divided into four sections, each worth 25 marks. Students will be tested on one core section, plus answer questions about the specific ancient society, personality and historical period they chose to study during the HSC Ancient History course.
HSC Ancient History Exam Preparation & Registration
The short and engaging lessons in this course only cover the ancient history topics that you'll be tested on, so you can be sure you're studying efficiently. You can work through the course from start to finish, or jump to the subjects you need extra time with by using the interactive course Dashboard. Following each lesson is a short self-assessment quiz to help you solidify your understanding of the historical concepts, figures and events you've studied. Print the lesson transcripts to supplement your studying experience, and feel free to submit questions to our expert history instructors if they arise. The course also contains chapter exams and a final assessment to help you make sure you're ready to pass the HSC Ancient History exam. You can also access the course at any time that fits your schedule using any desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile device.
The HSC Ancient History exam is part of the HSC Certificate, which is South Wales' highest secondary education award. Students must pass Years 11 and 12 and meet course requirements before qualifying for the HSC exams. Students can find specific qualification information and relevant application guidelines on the New South Wales' Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards (BOSTES) website.
The HSC Ancient History exam is administered by the Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards NSW (BOSTES), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Test Prep
- GED Practice Test Online with Example GED Practice Test Questions
- Why You Should Take a Practice Test Before You Start Your Test Prep
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- CNA Certification Test: A Detailed Look at the CNA Exam
- List of Free Online Typing Courses and Practice Programs
- GED Sample Test Questions and Answers
- Ancient History Courses and Classes
- How to Prep for College When You Don't Know Which School You'll Attend
- Should I Be a History Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses