- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 244
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Nature of Business: Raising the Standard of Living
Course SummaryIf you need to prepare for the Higher School Certificate (HSC) Business Studies exam, use this convenient test prep course to study all the information you'll need to know. The course's engaging lessons and quizzes allow you to study at your own pace and master all of the exam's business topics.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Study.com's HSC Business Studies exam prep course is designed to give you all of the tools you'll need in order to successfully prepare for the exam and earn the best score you can. Containing bite-sized video lessons and interactive practice quizzes, the course helps you quickly study the business topics you'll encounter on the exam, such as Australian business concepts, business operations, global markets, human resources and much more. We've aligned the course with the following exam topics:
- Business fundamentals, cycles, types, stakeholders, forecasting, planning and values
- Australian business industries, HR laws, business financing and business/marketing influences
- Global markets and market types
- Management processes, skills and approaches
- Operations, supply chain and human resources management
- Marketing objectives, roles, information, research, promotion and strategies
- Pricing strategy, place and distribution
- Global marketing and financial management
- Financial planning, implementation, monitoring, control and ratios
- Employee acquisition, development and separation
- Metrics and measurements in human resources
About the Exam
The HSC Business Studies exam is part of the HSC Certificate, which is the highest secondary education award for New South Wales students. The exam is broken into four sections, three of which are worth 20 marks and one that's worth 40 marks. You'll need to use a black pen on the exam, and you'll have three hours to complete all of the sections.
HSC Business Studies Exam Preparation & Registration
You can study this course on your own schedule and use any computer or mobile device to access the material. The interactive course dashboard helps you locate chapters and lessons. Feel free to jump around to specific lesson topics or work through the course from start to finish. Lesson transcripts are available to print, and you can revisit any lesson as many times as needed. Our expert marketing instructors are also available to answer any questions you may have. To make sure that you're fully prepared for the HSC Business Studies exam, we encourage you to take the accompanying lesson quizzes, chapter exams and finally assessment.
Part of the HSC Certificate, the HSC Business Studies exam can be taken by students in New South Wales who've completed Years 11 and 12 in secondary school and have met HSC course requirements. The New South Wales' Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards (BOSTES) website contains specific information regarding additional qualification requirements, approved calculators, application guidelines, exam fees and upcoming test dates.
The HSC Business Studies exam is administered by the Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards NSW (BOSTES), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- What Can You Do With a Masters in International Studies?
- Master of Advanced Studies
- Cultural Studies Masters Program Information
- Certificate in Gender Studies: Program Information
- These Are the Materials You Need to Have a Successful Study Session
- If You Have One of These Study Habits, You Need to Break IT Now
- Biopsychology Studies: Degree and Course Information
- Home Study Microsoft Certification Courses and Training Programs
- Family Studies Certification Programs with Course Overviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses