- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 316
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Scientific Ways of Thinking
Course SummaryUse this comprehensive test prep course to get ready for the Higher School Certificate (HSC) Chemistry exam. This self-paced course covers all of the information you'll need to know for the exam and includes plenty of self-assessment quizzes to help you practice answering chemistry questions.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Prepare for the Higher School Certificate (HSC) Chemistry exam with this mobile-friendly test prep course. The course contains video lessons and interactive quizzes that are designed to help you review all of the chemistry topics you'll need to know for the exam, such as chemistry basics, chemical reactions, acids and bases, esterification and more. The course explores the following exam topics:
- Chemistry experimentation, research, data, measurement, lab equipment and safety
- The periodic table, atoms, molecules, transition elements and atomic structure
- Water solubility and specific heat
- Combustion energy and reactions
- Fossil fuels and renewable ethanol
- Electrochemistry, redox reactions and radioactivity
- Acidic environments and oxides
- Chemical monitoring and management
- Industrial chemistry, biochemistry and biomass research
- Chemical corrosion and the chemistry of art and shipwrecks
- Forensic chemistry, DNA and forensic evidence
About the Exam
Qualified students in New South Wales can take the HSC Chemistry exam while pursuing the HSC Certificate, which is the highest award available to secondary students in New South Wales. Students have three hours to complete the exam's two sections. Section I is worth 75 marks and Section II is worth 25 marks. A periodic table is provided and approved calculators may be used.
HSC Chemistry Exam Preparation & Registration
The online format of this course allows you to study at your own pace and on your own schedule. Each lesson contains simple definitions and explanations of important chemistry processes and terms, as well as quizzes to help you retain the information you've studied. You can submit questions to our subject-matter experts if you need any extra help. You have the option of working through the course from start to finish or using the course Dashboard to jump around to the topics that you need to focus on. Lesson transcripts are available to print, and the final exam can help you evaluate your readiness for the HSC Chemistry exam.
Students in New South Wales select the HSC courses they want to take, typically during Year 10. The HSC Chemistry exam is the final exam for the HSC Chemistry course, which counts for 50% of your final course mark. The New South Wales' Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards (BOSTES) website contains the upcoming year's timetable for exam dates as well as specific qualification information.
The HSC Chemistry exam is administered by the Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards NSW (BOSTES), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Should I Major in Chemistry? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Online Inorganic Chemistry Course Information
- Online Physical Chemistry Course and Class Information
- Chemistry Courses and Classes Overview
- Should I Go to Law School? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Be a School Counselor? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Go to Film School? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Go to Medical School? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Go to Cosmetology School? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Go to Trade School? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses