- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 134
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Gender Differences: The Nature Versus Nurture Debate
Course SummaryLet us help you master the important topics in human growth and development with this tutoring course. Whether you need help with your homework or a flexible way to study for a test, our short video lessons and quizzes make learning accessible and fun.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other human growth and development work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn human growth and development material to earn better grades. This resource can help students, including those who:
- Struggle with understanding biological development, sensory development, social development, cognitive development or any other human growth and development topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their social science learning
- Prefer learning social science visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their human growth and development course
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in human growth and development
- Don't have access to their social science teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about human growth and development simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live psychology tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about human growth and development on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and re-watch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Take a look at the prominent theories in the field of human growth and development.
- Examine research methods for human growth and development.
- Explain how genetics can influence development.
- Discuss biological influences on development.
- Describe how our abilities to sense and perceive develop.
- Understand the changes in cognitive development that occur over a lifetime.
- Explore the different types of intelligence.
- Learn the stages of language development.
- Take a look at different social development theories.
- Explain how social relationships develop.
- Discuss examples of atypical development.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- CFY Is Helping to Make Digital Learning Accessible to Students, Parents and Educators
- Flashcards - Studying Human Growth & Development
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Jobs that Help People in Need
- Learningtech.org Helps Others Make Technology a Part of Learning
- How To Help Your Kids With Homework When You've Got Your Own
- Help! I Need to Find a Job in HR Fast
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses