- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 95
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Gender Differences: The Nature Versus Nurture Debate
Course SummaryIf you need to earn credits to use towards your licensure renewal requirements, check out our interesting Human Growth & Development Studies for Teachers course. Flexible, short text and video lessons can be accessed on any mobile device so you can study at whatever time works best for you.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
11 chapters in Human Growth & Development Studies for Teachers: Professional Development
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How It Works
Earn professional development credits to renew your psychology teaching license with Human Growth & Development Studies for Teachers. Brush up on human growth and development topics so you can better teach psychology, sociology, biology, and other related subjects. Learn on your own schedule and at your own pace. You can complete this course in under two weeks - perfect for teachers who need to earn credits in a hurry!
- Watch engaging video lessons about human growth theories and research methods.
- Check your knowledge of things like language and social development with practice quizzes and exams.
- Ask clarification questions from our expert psychology instructors.
- Earn three college credits by taking the CLEP Human Growth & Development exam.
Always check with your school district or state Department of Education to ensure that the course credits will be accepted before beginning the course. CLEP credits are accepted by over 2,900 schools and directly by many state departments of education.
Who's It For?
Human Growth & Development for Teachers is ideal for any teachers looking to earn credits to use toward licensure renewal. The flexible, self-paced format makes it easy to fit your studies into a busy schedule. The course is fully online, so you can study anytime, anywhere. This course also benefits:
- Psychology teachers who want to brush up on human growth and development
- Teachers who want to incorporate engaging human growth and development videos into their instruction
- Teachers planning a human growth and development unit or course
- Aspiring psychology teachers
Why It Works
- Fun and Engaging: Animations and interesting examples make human growth and development easy to learn.
- Expert Instructors: Expert psychology instructors break difficult concepts down so they are easy to remember.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Quizzes and practice exams let you review human growth and development terminology and key concepts and track what you've mastered.
- Quick and Flexible Learn on your own schedule and on any device. You could earn psychology credits in less than two weeks.
- Access our full library of professional development courses for teachers, including Abnormal Psychology for Teachers, Social Psychology for Teachers, and Stress Management for Teachers.
- Find 10,000 engaging lessons that you can use in your classroom or assign out to students.
- Watch more lessons in psychology as well as biology, sociology, and other related topics.
- Earn transferable college credit for dozens of courses.
Evaluate This Course
After you've worked through all or part of the course, please share your feedback with us! We take the quality of our lessons and courses very seriously and appreciate any comments on how we can improve your experience. If you'd like to let us know how effective you found this course, please fill out our survey by clicking on this link .
Course Plan for Earning Credit in Less Than Two Weeks
Follow this course plan if you want to complete Human Growth & Development for Teachers and be ready to earn transferable credit in less than two weeks. For each chapter assignment, take all of the lesson quizzes and the practice chapter exam at the end of each chapter. If you miss any questions, review the video lesson to master the concept.
|Day||Chapter||What You'll Learn|
|Day 1||Chapter 1||Theoretical Approaches to Human Growth and Development (nature vs. nurture, Erikson's Stages of Identity Formation, classical vs. operant conditioning, Piaget's Theory of Cognitive Development)|
|Day 2||Chapter 2|
|Research Methods and the Study of Human Growth and Development (the scientific method, experimental research design, descriptive statistics)|
Genetic Influences on Development (the genetic code, genetic abnormalities, the impact of genetics on personality and intelligence)
|Day 3||Chapter 4|
|Biological Development (prenatal development, hazards during birth, the Apgar test, development in adolescents and adults)|
Sensory and Perceptual Development (development in infants and children, habituation, sensory thresholds, sensory deprivation)
|Day 4||Chapter 6|
|Cognition and Cognitive Development (attention, the role of play, information processing over time, guided participation)|
Creativity and Intelligence Development (multiple intelligences, theories of intelligence, influences on IQ)
|Day 5||Chapter 8|
|Language Development (stages, the nativist perspective)|
Social Development (social development in infants and children, theories of moral development, information-processing model)
|Day 6||Chapter 10||Social Relationship Development (attachment theory, the impact of neglect and abuse, aging and death, stages of grief)|
|Day 7||Chapter 11||Atypical Development (what is abnormal development, types of disorders, treatments)|
|Day 8||Final Exam||Take the practice final exam to see what you've mastered and make sure you are ready to earn credit for human growth and development|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- North Dakota Teacher Licensure Renewal
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Best Development Studies Graduate Programs
- Alaska Teacher Certificate Renewal Requirements
- Arkansas Teacher Certification Renewal Requirements
- Arizona Teacher Certification Renewal Requirements
- Colorado Teacher Certification Renewal Requirements
- Iowa Teacher License Renewal Requirements
- Kansas Teacher Certification Renewal Requirements
- Nebraska Teacher Certificate Renewal Requirements
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses