- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 151
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Atom
Course SummaryEnhance your understanding of human physiology by referring to brief video lessons that provide expert instruction, examples and illustrations. This study guide can help you prepare for class exams, support your understanding of class discussions or help you complete a homework assignment.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding material from human physiology will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding inorganic chemistry, organic molecules, biochemistry, cell biology, the circulatory system, the brain, or any other human physiology topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn human physiology.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra science learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Human Physiology final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What are the components of an atom?
- Why are lipids the most energy-dense foods?
- How does the body convert food into energy?
- What are the layers of human skin and how do they differ in function?
- What body parts make up the respiratory system?
- How does the pancreas help with digestion?
- How do the three types of muscle tissue differ in function?
- Where is the medulla oblongata, and what functions does it control?
- What part of the brain regulates body temperature?
- What structures comprise the HPG axis?
- How does a female produce an ovum?
- What are the parts of the eye, and what do they do?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and