- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 151
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Atom
Course SummaryEnhance your understanding of human physiology by referring to brief video lessons that provide expert instruction, examples and illustrations. This study guide can help you prepare for class exams, support your understanding of class discussions or help you complete a homework assignment.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding material from human physiology will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding inorganic chemistry, organic molecules, biochemistry, cell biology, the circulatory system, the brain, or any other human physiology topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn human physiology.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra science learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Human Physiology final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What are the components of an atom?
- Why are lipids the most energy-dense foods?
- How does the body convert food into energy?
- What are the layers of human skin and how do they differ in function?
- What body parts make up the respiratory system?
- How does the pancreas help with digestion?
- How do the three types of muscle tissue differ in function?
- Where is the medulla oblongata, and what functions does it control?
- What part of the brain regulates body temperature?
- What structures comprise the HPG axis?
- How does a female produce an ovum?
- What are the parts of the eye, and what do they do?