- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 103
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Human Resource Management: Definition, Objectives & Responsibilities
Course SummaryTake Human Resource Management for Teachers to earn 3 college credits to apply toward your licensure renewal requirements. Learn with fun and engaging business video lessons that you can watch around your teaching schedule.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
11 chapters in Human Resource Management for Teachers: Professional Development
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How It Works
Earn professional development credits to renew your business teaching license with Human Resource Management for Teachers. Brush up on human resource management topics so you can better teach business and management topics. Learn on your own schedule and at your own pace. You can complete this course in under two weeks - perfect for teachers who need to earn business credits in a hurry!
- Watch engaging video lessons about organizational theories and staffing methods.
- Check your knowledge of things like labor relations and compensation issues with practice quizzes and exams.
- Ask clarification questions from our expert human resource management instructors.
- Earn 3 college credits by taking the DSST Human Resource Management exam.
Always check with your school district or state Department of Education to ensure that the course credits will be accepted before beginning the course. DSST credits are accepted by over 2,000 schools and directly by many state departments of education.
Who's It For?
Human Resource Management for Teachers is ideal for any teachers looking to earn credits to use toward licensure renewal. The flexible, self-paced format makes it easy to fit your studies into a busy schedule. The course is fully online, so you can study anytime, anywhere. This course also benefits:
- Business teachers who want to brush up on human resource management
- Teachers who want to incorporate engaging human resource management videos into their instruction
- Teachers planning a human resource management unit or course
- Aspiring business teachers
Why It Works
- Fun and Engaging: Animations and interesting examples make human resource management easy to learn.
- Expert Instructors: Expert business instructors break difficult concepts down so they are easy to remember.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Quizzes and practice exams let you review human resource management terminology and key concepts and track what you've mastered.
- Quick and Flexible: Learn on your own schedule and on any device. You could earn business credits in less than two weeks.
- Access our full library of professional development courses for teachers, including Supervision for Teachers, Macroeconomics for Teachers, and Fundamentals of Education for Teachers.
- Find 10,000 engaging lessons that you can use in your classroom or assign out to students.
- Watch more lessons in human resource management as well as accounting, information systems, supervision, and other business topics.
- Earn transferable college credit for dozens of courses.
Evaluate This Course
After you've worked through all or part of the course, please share your feedback with us! We take the quality of our lessons and courses very seriously and appreciate any comments on how we can improve your experience. If you'd like to let us know how effective you found this course, please fill out our survey by clicking on this link.
Course Plan for Earning Credit in Less Than Two Weeks
Follow this course plan if you want to complete Human Resource Management for Teachers and be ready to earn transferable credit in less than two weeks. For each chapter assignment, take all of the lesson quizzes and the practice chapter exam at the end of each chapter. If you miss any questions, review the video lesson to master the concept.
|Day||Chapter||What You'll Learn|
|Day 1||Chapter 1||Overview of HRM Field (objectives of human resource management, human capital, ethical issues)|
|Day 2||Chapter 2||Organizational Theories and Human Resources (classical scientific school of management, maximizing productivity, increasing worker satisfaction)|
|Day 3||Chapter 3||Job Analysis and Design (definition of job design, job enrichment, performance standardization)|
|Day 4||Chapter 4||Staffing in Organizations (the hiring process, interview types, absenteeism, terminating an employee)|
|Day 5||Chapter 5||Training and Development in Organizations (training needs, orientation, training methods, domains of leadership)|
|Day 6||Chapter 6||Performance Appraisals (benefits of performance appraisals, important traits such as reliability and sensitivity in performance appraisals, management by objective)|
|Day 7||Chapter 7||Employee Compensation Issues (types of compensation, mandatory and voluntary benefits, incentive compensation, executive compensation trends)|
|Day 8||Chapter 8||Employment Law and Employee Rights (employment-at-will, safety, stress, equal opportunity employment laws)|
|Day 9||Chapter 9||Labor Relations (National Labor Relations Board, unions, collective bargaining, trends in labor relations)|
|Day 10||Chapter 10|
|International Human Resource Management (global staffing approaches, expatriate staffing)|
Current Issues and Trends in HRM (affirmative action, gender diversity, cultural diversity, alternative work arrangements)
|Day 11||Final Exam||Take the practice final exam to see what you've mastered and make sure you are ready to earn credit for human resource management|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- North Dakota Teacher Licensure Renewal
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Teacher Certification Video: Earning a Teaching Certification or Teaching Credential
- Human Resource Management Video: Career Options in Human Resources
- Ohio Teaching License Renewal Requirements
- Minnesota Teaching License Renewal Requirements
- Louisiana Teaching Certificate Renewal Requirements
- Colleges with Human Resource Management Programs: How to Choose
- Tennessee Teacher Certification: Licensure & Requirements
- Nebraska Teacher Certificate Renewal Requirements
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses