- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 103
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Human Resource Management: Definition, Objectives & Responsibilities
Course SummaryAccess our professionally created textbook materials in this human resource management textbook replacement course. Fun video and text lessons make these subjects approachable and easy so your students can do better in class and ace their exams.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Any instructor who teaches human resource management can consider this textbook replacement course an excellent resource for their classroom. The lessons in this course provide high quality instruction and cover the same or even more information than that found in most human resource management textbooks.
How it works
The short, engaging video lessons on topics like retirement plans and management types are perfect for briefly introducing a human resource management topic and initiating class discussion. The chapter and lesson structure is similar to traditional human resource management textbooks, making a transition to digital learning simple and straightforward. Just like you'd assign textbook reading assignments, you can assign one or more video lessons to your students conveniently through the website and even review them in class to initiate discussion or class projects.
- Identify the chapter in this course that corresponds with your curriculum or lesson plan.
- Assign one or more of the short and engaging video lessons as homework.
- In class, engage students in discussions and/or interactive activities that focus on the lesson topics.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your students' understanding of performance reviews, employee benefits and termination processes.
- Submit questions, feedback or suggestions to our expert instructors from your Dashboard.
Cut your textbook costs with Study.com's online human resource management textbook. Our courses cost less than traditional textbooks and are more engaging and interactive. For the same cost, your teachers and students can access all of the courses in our library, including textbooks, common core, AP courses and more.
- Exceptional Instructors: The lessons are taught by outstanding educators who make concepts like human capital easy to understand.
- Cost Effective: Using our Human Resource Management Textbook course can save schools hundreds if not thousands of dollars typically spent on physical textbooks.
- Engaging Content: Unlike dry textbook instruction, our lessons bring absenteeism, career development and other human resource management topics to life while providing a high level of quality education.
- Differentiated Instruction: Lessons give teachers the opportunity to fit each student's individual needs - through video lessons, lesson transcripts and assessment quizzes.
- Cooperative Learning: Some of our courses, such as the Common Core courses, offer classroom activity suggestions designed to help students learn from one another.
Study.com offers you the solution to packing around multiple heavy textbooks from class to home every day. Using our fully online human resource management textbook course offers convenience, fun video lessons, outstanding instructors, and relief from back pain!
Using the Course
Using the course is simple. You can find any topic you're currently studying in your human resource management class, or if your school uses this course in the classroom, you can get your assignments through links sent by your instructor via email. Even if your school uses traditional textbooks, you'll find this course offers a great supplement and brings human resource management lessons to life. The short videos give you an easy, fun and helpful way to better understand and absorb human resource management concepts, such as the rights of employees, recruitment procedures and training protocols.
- Identify the human resource management topics you're studying in class, or click on the lesson links sent to you.
- View the short and engaging human resource management video lessons.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your understanding of topics like personnel management and organizational incentive programs.
- Submit questions to our expert instructors for additional help with any human resource management topic covered in the course.
Why It Works
Our human resource management course supports your individual learning style and your lifestyle. Check out some of the helpful and practical ways this course can be valuable to you as well as the advantages to having a complete resource to complement your classroom lessons.
- Fun Videos: Our lessons entertain while they teach you about compensation systems, workplace stress and diversity.
- Helpful Instructors: In addition to being subject-matter experts in human resource management, our instructors are available to help you with any questions you have related to the course.
- Accessible: You can access this human resource management course and view the video lessons from any computer or mobile device from home or on the go.
- Learn Your Way: Whether you learn better through discussion, viewing the video or reading the lesson transcript, we've got you covered.
- Keeping Up in Class: If you need to miss class or don't quite understand a human resource management concept, you can use this course to make sure you don't fall behind.
- Understanding the human resource management field
- Theories of human resources organization
- Job design and analysis
- Human resource staffing
- Development and training in human resources
- Appraising work performances
- Handling employment compensation issues
- Legal rights of employees
- Role and process of labor relations
- Global human resources
- Trends and current issues in human resource management
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Skip the Textbook and Still Earn an A
- Why Buy a Textbook When You Can Rent?
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- Natural Resource Management Courses and Classes
- Human Resource Management Course in Connecticut
- Build-Your-Own Textbooks Could Save Students Hundreds
- Promoting Low Cost Textbooks for Community College Students
- Can Open Education Save Students From Expensive Textbooks?
- Materials Management Courses and Classes Overview
- Human Resource Management Video: Career Options in Human Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses