- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 25
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Humanistic Psychology & Carl Rogers' Theory of Personality
Course SummaryUse this convenient and accessible Humanistic Psychology Study Guide course to enhance your knowledge of specific psychology concepts. Learn about humanistic psychology development, therapeutic approaches and definitions that could help prepare you for class discussions or exams.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding material from humanistic psychology will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding the definition of humanistic psychology, Maslow's hierarchy of needs, Gestalt theory, goals of existential therapy, or any other humanistic psychology topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn humanistic psychology.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra psychology learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Humanistic Psychology Study Guide final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- How is humanistic psychology defined?
- What is client-centered therapy?
- What is unconditional positive regard?
- What are major criticisms of humanistic psychology?
- Who is Abraham Maslow?
- What is Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs?
- How is self-actualization defined?
- How would an organization motivate its employees using humanistic psychology?
- What is Gestalt therapy?
- What are the key concepts of existential therapy?
- What are the strengths and limitations of the Humanistic-Existential Model in psychotherapy?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Learn Psychology
- Learn Educational Psychology
- Online Courses and Classes in Behavioral Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology Course and Class Information
- Business Psychology Courses and Classes Overview
- Clinical Psychology Class and Course Information
- Criminal Psychology Courses and Classes Overview
- Organizational Psychology Courses and Classes Overview
- Psychology Graduate Classes and Courses Overview
- Child Psychology Course and Class Descriptions
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses