- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 336
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Computer Hardware? - Components, Definition & Examples
This course can be found in: IAAP CAP Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, an in-depth IAAP CAP study guide, and 300+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryGet ready for the IAAP CAP exam with this comprehensive test preparation course. Through stimulating and expertly taught lessons, you'll explore key information on all the topics you can expect to see on test day. You can also take practice quizzes along the way to test your knowledge.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
41 chapters in IAAP CAP Exam Study Guide - Certified Administrative Professional
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course was designed with future takers of the IAAP CAP exam in mind, with chapters composed of lessons covering all the material you may encounter on the test. You'll review core components of media and business-related technology while growing your knowledge of additional facets of business communication. Topics include systems software and management, Microsoft Word, working with technical reports, as well as all of the following:
- Fundamentals of hardware and systems technology
- Troubleshooting peripheral and computer devices
- Excel and PowerPoint
- Technical document design
- Management of physical resources
- Office layout and ergonomics
- Data and business record management
- Communication in the workplace
- Human resources
- Recruiting, choosing, and training employees
- Methods of compensation
- Employer compliance and rules
- Accounting and time management
About the Exam
The IAAP CAP exam offers certification for the purposes of demonstrating your expertise in the administrative field and increasing your chances of career advancement. The test contains three sections of multiple-choice questions, split into the categories of office systems and technology, office administration, and management.
Preparing & Registering for the IAAP CAP Exam
This study guide is equipped with multiple features to make studying effective and painless. Video lessons come with a timeline feature that enables you to skip around main points of the lesson at your discretion, while the included transcripts contain words in bold making it easy to spot key terms and topics. You'll be able to stay organized through the course of your learning using the dashboard feature, where you can keep tabs on your recent studying activity and progress as you go along.
Those planning on taking the IAAP CAP exam must first apply for eligibility. Applicants will be approved if they possess either a bachelor's degree and two years of professional administrative work experience, an associate's degree and three years of professional administrative work experience, or no degree and four years of professional administrative work experience. Those who go on to take the exam are graded on a pass/fail basis.
IAAP CAP exam is a registered trademark of the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- IAAP CAP Test Preparation & Resources
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- More Than Half of SAT Test-Takers Not Ready for College
- GED Practice Test: Easy Ways to Practice the GED Test
- EMT Test and Exam Information with Tips
- GED Classes with Test Preparation Material Information
- EPPP Test Preparation & Resources
- NMTA Test Preparation & Resources
- TACHS Test Preparation & Resources
- CNS Test Preparation & Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses