- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 25
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Understanding Visual Texts Lesson for Kids: Definition & Strategies
Course SummaryHelp your students have fun preparing for the ICAS English - Paper D exam by using the helpful study tools in this online course. Students can review entertaining lessons and take multiple-choice practice quizzes to make sure they fully understand important English topics they could see on the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course can help make studying for the ICAS English - Paper D exam simple! Expert instructors have prepared lessons your students can view online anytime to learn more about literary reading, factual reading, literary and textual devices, prepositions, pronouns and vocabulary. This course includes short quizzes and practice exams students can use to find out how much they understand about the lessons. Once they have completed this course, your students will understand topics that include:
- Visual texts, narrative writing and point of view
- Tone, theme and how to infer the ending of a story
- Diagrams, persuasive writing and fact vs. opinion
- Why expert comments are included in news stories
- How to locate text conventions and denote a stressed syllable in a word
- Imagery and repetition in poetry
- Preposition phrases, personal pronouns and context clues
- How to identify the narrator of a text and decode technical words
About the Exam
ICAS is an assessment program developed by Educational Assessment Australia (EAA) to reward student achievement at various grade levels. Schools often use these assessments as progress or placement tests. The ICAS English - Paper D exam tests how well students understand text, writing, syntax and vocabulary. There are 50 multiple-choice questions on the exam and it lasts 50 minutes. Sitting dates for English paper exams are typically in August for Australia, New Zealand, international schools and the Pacific region. Test scores are released about six weeks after the sitting date.
ICAS English - Paper D Exam Preparation & Registration
Make studying for the ICAS English - Paper D exam fun by reviewing the lessons in any order and as many times as your students like. All lessons can be viewed using any computer or mobile device with Internet access. Find out how much your students understand about topics covered in the lessons and how ready you are to answer questions on the test by taking short quizzes. Test your students' knowledge even more by taking practice chapter exams and the final course exam! If students have questions about the lessons in this course, they can submit them to our experts using the Dashboard.
Students are not required to register for their exam independently since schools manage the registration process with EAA. In order to take this exam, students must be currently enrolled for the correct year level for their country. If a student has been accelerated for this subject, they may sit the paper for the accelerated year level under special conditions.
ICAS assessments are a registered trademark of Educational Assessment Australia (EAA), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- Top Strategies for Studying for Final Exams: Straight From Students
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- UC Students Can Take Online Courses - Finally
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- Where Can I Take a Child Care Exam Online?
- More Than One in Four College Students Take Courses Online
- Fun Internship Opportunities That Prepare Students for Careers
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses