- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 29
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Locating Information in a Narrative: Lesson for Kids
Course SummaryDo the best you can on the ICAS English - Paper E exam by reviewing the helpful and comprehensive chapters in this test prep course. All the topics you'll find on the exam are covered in full in our video and text lessons, enabling you to work towards the best score possible on the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Before taking the ICAS English - Paper E exam, this fun course will help you brush up on the topics and skills you'll need to know on test day. Take the entire course as an excellent preparatory tool before the exam, or review only the short, interesting video and text lessons that correspond with the topics that you know you need to work on. Printable lesson transcripts can be used offline to go over the key topics and essential vocabulary words. You also can access these portable, convenient learning tools online at any time on any mobile device or computer. Reviewing this course will help you understand the following:
- Characterization and events in literature
- Analyzing arguments and ideas in reading
- Vocabulary tools, syntax and literary devices
About the Exam
The International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) exam is used as an independent assessment tool in over 20 countries worldwide, including Australia, India, Hong Kong, New Zealand and the United States. The exam is taken by over 2 million primary and secondary students per year in the areas of English, Mathematics, Science, Digital Technologies and Writing. Students who take the English - Paper E exam have 55 minutes to answer 55 multiple-choice questions. During the exam you will be expected to read and analyze texts with a focus on vocabulary, textual devices, reading for meaning in several kinds of texts and syntax.
ICAS English - Paper E Exam Preparation & Registration
Once you read through the lessons provided in this course, you'll be more prepared to answer the questions on the ICAS English - Paper E exam. Our short video and text lessons cover vocabulary tools, analyzing ideas in reading, literary devices, events in literature and more. Our instructors are available to help you through any of the more challenging topics if you have difficulty.
Students taking the ICAS exam do so at their school under normal testing conditions. Check with your school if you are unsure if your school participates in the ICAS exam. Students taking the English exam are encouraged to read through the entire passage first before answering the questions. Test takers are also reminded to be sure to get a good night's rest before the exam and eat breakfast on the morning of the test, check their work and go slowly while taking the exam.
ICAS exam is a registered trademark of UNSW Global Pty Limited, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Compass Exams
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- EMT Test and Exam Information with Tips
- Social Work Licensing Exam Requirements
- Measured Progress Exams
- People's Choice Nominees: Best Test Prep
- Best Test Prep, People's Choice Awards
- The Importance of Being Healthy During Exams
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses