- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 31
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Locate & Connect Information in Complex Poems
Course SummaryHelp your students feel confident that they can take and pass the ICAS English - Paper F exam with help from the study resources in this entertaining course. Short lessons, mini quizzes and practice exams are all available to boost their knowledge of various English concepts in time for the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course is filled with engaging lessons and other resources students can use to prepare for the ICAS English - Paper F exam. Lessons ensure that they fully understand style and tone in writing, literary devices, pronouns, clauses, vocabulary and how to interpret literature. Multiple-choice quizzes, chapter exams and a final exam are also available to make studying simple. Completing this course will help students better understand topics including the following:
- How to locate information in complex poems and factual texts
- Techniques for inferring the unspoken intentions of a character in a text
- Suspense in literature and social issues in world literature
- Basics of text features and types of writing styles
- Uses of colloquialisms, metaphors and similes as literary devices
- Evaluation of rhetorical devices and the purpose of affective language
- Ways symbolism, imagery, allusion, illusion are used in writing
- Uses of possessive pronouns and contractions in writing
- Archaism and how the meaning of archaic words is decoded in literature
About the Exam
The ICAS English - Paper F exam is used to gauge students' text comprehension, writing knowledge and understanding of syntax and vocabulary for their year level. Schools often use test scores from this exam to determine students' progress or placement eligibility. This exam consists of 55 multiple-choice questions and lasts 55 minutes. Sitting dates in Australia, the Pacific region, New Zealand and international schools are usually in August. Schools receive students' test scores about six weeks after their sitting date.
ICAS English - Paper F Exam Preparation & Registration
Studying for the ICAS English - Paper F exam is fun and effective using this online course. Review the lessons in your students' sequence of choice, and revisit them as often as needed. Lessons are available 24/7 via any computer, smartphone or tablet with an Internet connection. When ready, test your students' knowledge of the lessons they've explored with help from their accompanying quizzes. Chapter exams and course exam are also available to make sure they have a well-rounded understanding of English topics covered in the lessons.
Schools register students for exams with Educational Assessment Australia (EAA). Parents and students are not allowed to enter students for assessments independently. Students taking this exam must be enrolled in the appropriate year level for their country; however, exceptions may be made for students who have been accelerated for this subject.
ICAS assessments are a registered trademark of Educational Assessment Australia (EAA), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- What to Do When Your Study Group Isn't Helping You Succeed on Exams
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Get My GED: How to Pass the GED Exam
- Compass Exams
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- Top Strategies for Studying for Final Exams: Straight From Students
- Should You Retake a CLEP Exam If You Don't Pass the First Time?
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses