- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 30
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Locating Information in a Complex Literary Description
Course SummaryThis convenient test prep course is designed to help you get ready for the ICAS English - Papers G and H exams. You can work through the course at your own pace to master essential reading and language skills and quickly prepare for the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Get ready for the ICAS English - Papers G and H exams with this convenient test prep resource. Our short video and text-based lessons are designed to help you learn, review and practice the reading comprehension and language skills you'll need to demonstrate on the ICAS exam. The course also contains interactive multiple-choice quizzes to help you get comfortable answering the types of questions you'll encounter on the test. The course covers the following topics:
- Literary and factual text interpretation
- Rhetorical devices
- Figures of speech
- Verb tenses
About the Exam
ICAS exams are skill-based assessments that evaluate student reading comprehension and language skills. Both Paper G and H of the ICAS English exams contain 60 multiple-choice questions that students must answer within an hour timeframe. The ICAS tests are administered in person at your your school.
ICAS English - Papers G & H Exam Preparation & Registration
The lessons in this course will help you review and practice essential English skills. The course is broken into several chapters that contain engaging lessons and multiple-choice practice quizzes. You can work through the course from start to finish or locate the English topics you need extra help with on the course Dashboard. To make sure you're ready for Paper G and H, take the accompanying chapter exams and final assessment.
ICAS exams are offered in several countries across the Pacific region. In order to sit for the exams, your school must register with the Educational Assessment Australia (EAA). Test scores are sent to your school a few weeks after test day. Students, teachers and parents may also view test results online. Upcoming exam dates and fee information can be found on the EAA website.
The International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) is offered by the UNSW Global Pty Limited, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- English Language Class and Course Descriptions
- Courses for Teaching English As a Second Language
- How to Prepare for Your First Online Course
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- Online Undergraduate Courses in English Language Arts
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- English Course Catalog
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Industrial Design Masters Degree Programs with Course Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses