- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 49
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Count: Lesson for Kids
Course SummaryHave your elementary school student(s) work through this convenient test prep course to prepare for the ICAS Mathematics - Paper A exam. Inside the course, they'll find short and engaging math lessons, as well as interactive practice quizzes to help them study.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This comprehensive study guide course helps primary schoolers prepare for the ICAS Mathematics - Paper A exam. Through a series of engaging and kid-friendly lessons, your students can quickly review all the information covered on the test. Self-assessment quizzes are also available to help them solidify their understanding of key math topics. The course addresses the following subject areas that your students could encounter on the ICAS test:
- Arithmetic, numbers and operations
- Pre-algebra concepts and number patterns
- Units of measurement
- 2-D and 3-D shapes
- Probability and data fundamentals
About the Exam
The ICAS Mathematics - Paper A exam is comprised of 40 multiple-choice questions that are designed to evaluate your elementary students' abilities to recognize and interpret basic algebra, data, number and geometry concepts. Calculators are not allowed and students have 45 minutes to complete the exam.
ICAS Mathematics - Paper A Exam Preparation & Registration
Students can prepare for the ICAS Mathematics - Paper A exam in a variety of ways using this course. They can follow along with each lesson online or print them out for offline study. The course Dashboard allows students to study any lesson as many times as needed, and the lesson quizzes can provide a good indication of their readiness to take the exam.
In order to sit for the exam, a student's school must register with the Educational Assessment Australia (EAA). Schools around the world use these examinations as placement tests, psychometric tests and achievement evaluations. For specific information regarding registration, upcoming test dates and relevant fees, consult the EAA website.
The International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) is offered by the UNSW Global Pty Limited, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Prepare for Your First Online Course
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Tax Preparer Courses and Classes Overview
- Short Medical Courses in NY with School Information
- Online Graduate Courses in Elementary School Counseling
- Online College Courses for High School Students: Course Overviews
- 5 Ways Tech Can Help You Prepare for the SATs
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses