- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 50
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Scientific Method Lesson for Kids: Steps & Process
Course SummaryThis mobile-friendly test prep course is designed to help primary school students get ready for the ICAS Science - Paper B exam. Using entertaining lessons and interactive practice quizzes, the course covers essential information and helps your students quickly prepare for the test.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Primary school students who are going to take the ICAS Science - Paper B exam can prepare by using this fun and simple test prep course. Through a series of engaging and kid-friendly lessons, the course breaks down all the science topics they'll need to know in order to pass the exam. We've also included interactive practice quizzes following each lesson to gauge how well students understand the material. The course goes over the following subject areas:
- Scientific analysis
- Graphs and tables
- Basic astronomy
- Earth science fundamentals
- Types and properties of various materials
- Engineering design
- The science of living things
- Physical science basics, including matter, energy and simple machines
About the Exam
School around the world use ICAS exams for a variety of academic placement and student achievement purposes. The ICAS Science - Paper B exam contains 30 multiple-choice questions that assess primary school students' scientific observation and data interpretation skills. Students have 45 minutes to complete the Paper B portion of the ICAS test.
ICAS Science - Paper B Exam Preparation & Registration
Lessons can be studied as many times as needed. As your students review physical, chemical and Earth science topics, they'll be able to solidify their understanding using the included practice quizzes and chapter exams. The quizzes also help students practice answering science questions in a multiple-choice format.
In order to sit for ICAS exams, a student's school must be registered with the Educational Assessment Australia (EAA); however, home-schooled students in a registered home school may also apply to take the exam. Test dates are offered once per school year and specific dates can be found on the EAA website. Tests are taken in-person at a student's school under faculty supervision.
The International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) is offered by UNSW Global Pty Limited, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Car-Sharing Helps College Students Get Mobile
- Nursing Student Uses Free Course to Test Out of Prerequisites
- Software Testing Degree and Course Information
- Essential Mobile Apps for Online College Students
- College Student Uses Free Course to Test Out of General Education Requirement
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- Test Prep
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses