- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 67
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Scientific Method Lesson for Kids: Steps & Process
Course SummaryHelp your primary school students prepare for the ICAS Science - Paper C exam with this convenient study guide resource. The course goes over all the information student needs to know for the test, and it includes practice quizzes to help them retain their science knowledge.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
If your students are scheduled to take the ICAS Science - Paper C exam, this study guide course can help them review everything they need to know for the exam. This engaging course helps primary-level students review important science concepts through a series of engaging and short lessons. Students are encouraged to take the accompanying practice quizzes to make sure they fully understand the material. The course goes over all the concepts that they can expect on the exam, including:
- The scientific method
- Measurements used in science
- Planets and space travel
- Seasons and weather
- Basic geology
- Natural material uses
- Anatomy and ecology
- Energy, force and electricity
About the Exam
Students have 55 minutes to complete the 40 multiple-choice questions on the ICAS Science - Paper C exam. The exam assesses elementary-level science skills in terms of measurement, data interpretation and scientific experiment evaluation. ICAS exams can help schools place students into courses and identify academic areas of strength and weakness.
ICAS Science - Paper C Exam Preparation & Registration
This helpful study guide covers the essential scientific concepts, vocabulary and topics that are covered on the ICAS Science - Paper C Exam. Students can take the entire course for a fully-dimensional studying experience or jump to specific topics they need extra help with. Students are able to practice answering the types of questions they'll encounter on the exam by taking our interactive quizzes and chapter exams.
Schools and registered home schools must register with the Educational Assessment Australia (EAA) before scheduling the ICAS Science exam. The exam is offered once per year. Schools and parents can find registration info, testing fees and upcoming test dates on EAA's website. On testing day, students sit for the exam in person at their school.
The International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) is offered by the UNSW Global Pty Limited, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- The College Student Guide: Back to School
- Reading Comic Books May Help Students Do Better in School
- What to Do When Your Students Know More About Technology Than You Do
- Strategies for Getting to Know Your Students
- I Got My Advanced Students To Help My Struggling Students: Here's How
- Help! My School Isn't Providing the Resources I Need to Teach a Special Needs Child
- Preparing Students For College
- 10 Great Study Abroad Locations for Science and Engineering Students
- Night School Adult Education Teacher Requirements for Those Interested in Teaching Adults at Night
- West Palm Beach FL City and Higher Education Information
- Journalism College Rankings
- US Army Ranger Job Description Duties and Outlook
- List of Free Online Continuing Education for Business Professionals
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses