- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 40
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Deductive Reasoning Lesson for Kids
Course SummaryWork through this helpful test prep course to get ready for the ICAS Science - Paper D exam. You'll watch fun video lessons and take interactive practice quizzes to review all of the scientific concepts you need to know for the test.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This helpful study guide course is designed to help you quickly prepare for the ICAS Science - Paper D test. You can work through the course's engaging lessons at your own pace to review essential exam information and sharpen your science and reasoning skills. Included in the course are lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a final assessment to help you practice answering the types of questions you'll need to answer on Paper D of the ICAS test. The course helps you study the following exam topics:
- Fundamental reasoning and science skills
- Weather and erosion on the planet Earth
- Processed and natural minerals
- Animals, humans and habitats
- Energy, frequency and current
About the Exam
Some schools use ICAS exams to recognize student achievement, while others use the exams as placement tests. The ICAS Science - Paper D exam contains 40 multiple-choice questions that evaluate middle-year students' scientific and reasoning skills, as well as their understanding of natural science concepts. Students have 55 minutes to finish the exam.
ICAS Science - Paper D Exam Preparation & Registration
As you prepare for the exam with this course, you can use the course Dashboard to locate the science topics you need to spend time reviewing. Video lessons contain timestamps to help you revisit key definitions and concepts. You can also print lesson transcripts and ask our team of expert science instructors any questions you may have. The course also comes with multiple-choice lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a final exam to help you remember what you study and make sure you're ready for the ICAS Paper D exam.
To be eligible to sit for an ICAS exam, your school must be registered with the Educational Assessment Australia (EAA). Registered home schools can also sign their students up for the exams. For registration info, applicable fees and test dates, have your school or parents consult the EAA website. ICAS exams are administered at your school and they're offered once per academic year.
The International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) is offered by the UNSW Global Pty Limited, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Why You Should Take a Practice Test Before You Start Your Test Prep
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- Test Prep
- More Than Half of SAT Test-Takers Not Ready for College
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- How to Prep for College When You Don't Know Which School You'll Attend
- Everything You Still Don't Know About Meteors: Get Ready for Meteor Watch Day
- GED Practice Test Online with Example GED Practice Test Questions
- Everything You Need to Know About AP Tests: Deadlines, Scoring Policies & More
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses