- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 52
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Scientific Ways of Thinking
Course SummaryGet ready for the ICAS Science - Paper F exam with this simple and convenient test prep course. The course's video lessons and self-assessments can help you review and remember all of the scientific concepts you'll be tested on.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
If you're planning to take the ICAS Science - Paper F exam, use this online test prep course to make sure you're fully prepared. Through a series of engaging video lessons, quizzes and supplemental study tools, the course helps you review all of the science topics that'll appear on the exam. The course is taught by expert instructors who simplify the studying process and offer concise definitions and explanations of scientific methods, concepts, vocabulary and phenomena. You can access the course at any time and use any computer or mobile device to study. We've aligned the course with the following exam topics:
- Methods of scientific thinking
- The Earth and the universe
- Renewable and nonrenewable resources
- Natural and processed materials
- Life and the classification of living things
- The basics of ecology and ecosystems
- Energy and change
About the Exam
You'll have 60 minutes to complete the 45 multiple-choice questions that make up the ICAS Science - Paper F exam. The exam is designed to assess your knowledge of a variety of science subjects, including astronomy, physics, biology, chemistry, ecology and Earth sciences. The test can be used for placement purposes by your school, and it can evaluate your scientific thinking, reasoning and problem solving skills.
ICAS Science - Paper F Exam Preparation & Registration
This course makes studying for the ICAS Science - Paper F exam simple. Work through the course on your own schedule and at your own pace. You can find the subjects you need to study from your course Dashboard. Video lessons come with interactive timelines to help you revisit important definitions, as well as printable word-for-word transcripts for offline study. Be sure to take the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to practice answering the types of questions you'll encounter on the ICAS exam. Our instructors are also available to answer any questions you may have.
In order to enroll in an ICAS exam, your school or registered home school must be registered with the Education Assessment Australia (EAA). Consult the EAA website for upcoming test dates, subject-specific exam information and fees. You'll take the ICAS exam at your school on the scheduled test day. You can also expect to get your results online 6-8 weeks following the exam.
The International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) is offered by the UNSW Global Pty Limited, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Test Prep
- Should I Major in Computer Science? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Major in Environmental Science? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Major in Political Science? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Be a Counselor? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Dietitian? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Psychiatrist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Be a Pediatrician? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Nutritionist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses