- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 45
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Measurements & Uncertainty in Science
Course SummaryWork through this comprehensive test prep course to get ready for the ICAS Science - Paper I exam. The course's bite-sized lessons and self-assessment quizzes help you quickly study important science concepts and practice answering the types of questions you'll encounter on the exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
If you're preparing for the ICAS Science - Paper I exam, use this fun and informative test prep course to study on your own schedule. Inside the course, you'll find engaging video lessons that simplify and break down all of the scientific topics that appear on the exam. The course also comes with lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a final assessment to help you solidify your understanding of the material. You can expect to study the following topics:
- Scientific experimentation and measurement
- The fundamentals of electricity and magnetism
- Earth and space science
- Renewable and nonrenewable energy
- Substance properties
- Ionic liquids
- Chemical laws and reactions
- Populations and species
- Mutations and genetics
About the Exam
The ICAS Science - Paper I exam contains 45 multiple-choice questions that must be completed in 1 hour. The exam is designed to evaluate the scientific knowledge of students at the Year 11-12 level of secondary education. Schools throughout Australia, New Zealand and many other countries use ICAS exams annually for psychometric, placement and student achievement purposes.
ICAS Science - Paper I Exam Preparation & Registration
You can go through this course at your own pace and set your own study schedule. You'll work through several chapters that contain short and entertaining video lessons. These lessons are taught by subject matter experts who offer easy-to-understand explanations of scientific terms and concepts. You can retain your knowledge by taking the accompanying lesson quizzes and chapter exams. Printable lesson transcripts are also included, and you can submit questions to our instructors if you need any extra help understanding the material. The course's final assessment will help you evaluate your readiness to sit for the ICAS Science - Paper I exam.
Registration for ICAS exams must be made by schools or registered home schools. Your school can register for ICAS exams through the Education Assessment Australia (EAA). Their website also contains specific information regarding upcoming test dates and fees. Tests will be administered at your school, and you will receive your test scores a few weeks after the exam date.
The International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) is offered by the UNSW Global Pty Limited, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Should I Major in Environmental Science? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Major in Computer Science? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Major in Political Science? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- GED Practice Test Online with Example GED Practice Test Questions
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- Should I Work in Human Resources? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- How to Earn Money Answering Questions for Study.com
- Social Work Licensing Exam Requirements
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses