- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 46
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Scientific Measurement & Common Instruments
Course SummaryICAS Science - Paper J is an assessment covering basic science topics, which includes Earth sciences, astronomy, physics, ecology, biology, and chemistry. These self-paced lessons, multiple-choice quizzes, and a convenient practice test are an easy way to confirm that you understand the topics covered on the formal test.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
This comprehensive course is self-paced and can help you get ready to ace the ICAS Science - Paper J by increasing your knowledge of topics like ethics in animal research, stages of the sun's life cycle, cloud formation, and taxonomy. These fun lessons and self-assessment quizzes provide details to assist you with passing the assessment. Here are examples of topics that you can master through use of this information-packed course:
- Scientific measurement, animal experiments, and human subjects
- Sun, stars, and planetary geology
- Gravity, energy, magnetic poles, and waves
- Geological features, rock strata, and earthquakes
- Clouds and major weather phenomena
- Human physiology, mutations, and classification of living things
- Life cycles of viruses and parasites
About the Test
The ICAS Science - Paper J test includes the following sections: Earth & Beyond, Energy & Change, Life & Living, and Natural & Processed Materials. You will have one hour to answer forty-five multiple choice questions in Paper J. The skills assessed include observing and measuring, interpreting data, investigating, concluding based on data, and reasoning in order to solve problems. This test is given annually in Australia and more than twenty other countries.
ICAS Science - Paper J Test Preparation and Registration
This self-paced course can help you with preparing for the ICAS Science - Paper J test. You can study all of the lessons in sequential order, or just focus on the topics you need to review. Expert instructors provide illustrations that help you quickly grasp the concepts covered in the test/assessment. The quizzes provided will measure your knowledge of key topics, and can be printed as worksheets for studying offline. Each chapter includes a practice test, which is another way to confirm that you truly understand the subjects covered in the ICAS Science - Paper J test.
All registration must be processed through the school, and individuals cannot register for the ICAS unless they are home-schooled in a registered home school. Test registration/entry can be handled online by visiting the Educational Assessment Australia (EAA)/UNSW website.
ICAS Science - Paper J is developed by Educational Assessment Australia (EAA), an assessment group of UNSW Global Pty Limited; neither organization is affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Earth and Space Science Quizzes
- Science Quizzes
- Should I Major in Environmental Science? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Major in Computer Science? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Major in Political Science? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- GED Practice Test: Easy Ways to Practice the GED Test
- Nature of Science Quizzes
- Environmental Science Quizzes
- Social Sciences Quizzes
- Political Science Quizzes
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses