- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 237
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Light Microscope: Definition, Uses & Parts
Course SummaryLet us help you get ready to take the ISCE Biology exam with the informative, easy-to-follow study guide resources in this course. Our text and video lessons are accessible on your computer, tablet or phone 24 hours a day so you can study anytime you need to and feel confident ahead of exam day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Use the text and video lessons in this course as a comprehensive study guide as you prepare to take the ICSE Biology exam. You can work through the entire course or review only the chapter or lessons that correspond to the subjects that you need to know more about. Rather than watch an entire video lesson, skip ahead to the sections that you'd like to review using the video tabs feature. Printable transcripts highlight the important vocabulary words and topics and make great offline study guides. Once you review this course, you should be ready to answer questions on the exam involving the following topics:
- Basic genetics, plus plant and animal biotechnology
- The five kingdoms of organisms
- Plant absorption, transpiration, respiration and gas exchange
- Photosynthesis, and the structure and function of flowering plants
- Plant pollination, fertilization and macromolecules
- The digestive, circulatory and skeletal systems, plus the function and structure of skin
- Disease prevention, health promotion and pathogenic diseases in India
- Abiotic and biotic factors, plus Indian population growth
- The impact of pollution, and waste management and generation
- Basic techniques of microscopes, plus cell structure
- Animal tissue, the cell cycle, mitosis and meiosis
- The excretory, nervous, respiratory and endocrine systems
- Human development and reproduction
About the Exam
The ISCE exam is a general education exam made up of several compulsory subjects, including English, a second language, and history, civics and geography. Students must choose from a list of subjects for additional testing, including economics, mathematics, art, or the sciences. The ISCE Biology exam is given in two hours and is comprised of two sections; section I contains short answer questions, and in section II, students must choose four questions from a list of six to answer. Exam candidates are tested on basic biology, flowering plants, ecosystems and living organisms, plant and human physiology, hygiene and waste management.
ISCE Biology Exam Preparation & Registration
Our test prep course helps get you ready for all the types of questions you'll find on the ISCE Biology exam. Professional instructors have designed our text and video lessons to make even challenging subjects, including physiology, biotechnology, photosynthesis and genetics, easy to understand. If you need help with any of the lessons or subjects, contact one of our instructors for assistance. Each lesson is accompanied by a quiz so you can test your knowledge as you go.
Students from any ISCE-affiliated school may take the ISCE Biology exam. Private students are not permitted to sit for the examination. Information about locating an ISCE-affiliated school is available on the ISCE website. Exams are given in March each year on a varied schedule.
ISCE is a registered trademark of Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- What to Do When Your Study Group Isn't Helping You Succeed on Exams
- 4 Ways to Study Effectively for Your CLEP Exams
- What Classes Will a Computer Studies Major Take?
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Top Strategies for Studying for Final Exams: Straight From Students
- Study.com at Open Education Week: Day 2
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses