- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 144
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Kinetic Theory of Matter: Definition & The Four States of Matter
Course SummarySimplify the process of studying for the ICSE Chemistry exam with help from the helpful resources in this self-paced study guide and syllabus. Utilize short lessons, mini quizzes, practice exams and more to get the knowledge you need to take and pass the exam with ease.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This entertaining online study guide and syllabus provide an in-depth exploration of various chemistry concepts to help strengthen your knowledge and enhance your preparations for the ICSE Chemistry exam. Fun lessons developed by expert instructors delve into the topics you most need to understand. Short quizzes and practice exams enable you to assess your comprehension of the concepts you review. Upon completion, you will have a good grasp of the following:
- Basics of matter, conservation of mass, kinetic molecular theory and gas laws
- Properties of mixtures, compounds and elements
- Chemical and physical changes in matter and the language of chemistry
- Elements, periodicity, and atomic structure basics
- Overview of the periodic table, hydrogen, atmospheric pollution, chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Basics of acids, bases, salts, ammonium hydroxide and sodium hydroxide
- Electrolysis, ions and basic stoichiometry
- Metallurgy, compounds and reactions in chemistry
- Overview of functional groups in organic chemistry
About the Exam
The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) Chemistry exam is one of many exams issued by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE). These exams are designed to ensure all candidates meet general education standards. The ICSE Chemistry exam is offered at the Class IX and Class X levels. Each exam level has a time duration of two hours and features one paper worth 80 marks and an Internal Assessment of practical work worth 20 marks. The exam is taken in specific centres on predetermined dates.
Preparing & Registering for the ICSE Chemistry Exam
This study guide and syllabus enable you to tailor your preparations for the ICSE Chemistry exam to your unique schedule and study habits. Enjoy access to all lessons 24/7 via any computer, smartphone or tablet with an Internet connection. Choose the lessons you want to review and navigate them in your sequence of choice. Ensure you fully understand topics that include the law of conservation of mass, intermolecular forces in chemistry and the use of hydrogen as fuel by taking short lesson quizzes. Use chapter exams and the course exam to reinforce your chemistry knowledge. Feel free to send any questions you have about the lessons in this course to our experts.
Registration for the exam is managed by your school of attendance. Your Head of School will ensure you have a copy of the Regulations and Syllabus prior to taking the exam. On the day of the exam, you will be required to bring your own pencils, erasers, black ink pens and mathematical instruments. If needed, you can be withdrawn prior to the commencement of the exam with the approval of your Head of School.
Indian Certificate of Secondary Education is a registered trademark of the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- Get My GED: How to Pass the GED Exam
- Compass Exams
- Top Strategies for Studying for Final Exams: Straight From Students
- LPN NCLEX Exam Preparation Resources
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- Where Can I Take a Child Care Exam Online?
- Bank Teller Exam Information, Resources and Exam Preparation Tips
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses