- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 75
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Economic Activity: Definition & Examples
Course SummaryGet ready for the ICSE Commercial Studies exam with this convenient and comprehensive test prep course. The course's short lessons and self-assessments are designed to help you quickly master all of the business and communications concepts you'll need to know for the test.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
If you're planning to take the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) Commercial Studies exam, work through this convenient test prep course to study at your own pace. The course's engaging and bite-sized video lessons can help you review the topics you'll be tested on, such as commercial organizations, accounting, international trade and human resources. The course also contains lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a final assessment to help you retain essential business concepts and become familiar with the types of questions you'll encounter on the ISCE exam. We've aligned the course with the following exam topics:
- India's commercial organization
- Commercial organization functions, communications and stakeholders
- Bookkeeping and accounting
- Banking, waste management, business marketing and HR in India
- Domestic and international trade
- How businesses affect pollution
- Business insurance and logistics
About the Exam
The ISCE Commercial Studies exam is a subject-specific component of the general education Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Examination. The exam is intended to assess students' understanding of local, national and international business, as well as entrepreneurial and managerial business roles. Students have two hours to complete the written paper section of the Commercial Studies exam, which is worth 80 marks. Students must also complete an internal assessment that's worth 20 marks.
ICSE Commercial Studies exam Preparation & Registration
The course's online format is designed to give you the flexibility to study wherever and whenever it's convenient. You can take the course online using any computer or smartphone, and you also have the ability to print lesson transcripts to study offline. Your course Dashboard keeps track of your progress throughout the course, and you can use it to quickly navigate to the chapter/lesson topics you want to study. Our expert instructors are also available to answer your questions. After completing the course, we recommend taking the final assessment to make you're your ready to sit for the ISCE Commercial Studies test.
You'll be eligible to sit for the ISCE exam if your school is affiliated with the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), and you have at least a 75% attendance record. You can find more information regarding eligibility, exam rules and detailed exam syllabi on the CISCE website.
The ICSE Commercial Studies exam is associated with the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- Should I Major in Communications? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Major in Business Administration? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Go to Business School? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Major in Business? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Test Prep
- Should I Be a Counselor? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Dietitian? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Psychiatrist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses