- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 80
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Property Valuation: Definition & Principles
Course SummaryRefer to this comprehensive study guide if you need to get ready for the Illinois Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB) Certified General Appraiser Exam. You can work through this course at your own pace, and it contains short lessons and quizzes to help you quickly prepare for the exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This study guide is designed to help support those who are preparing to take the Illinois AQB Certified General Appraiser Exam. It consists of lessons devoted to such topics as land surveys, land use, property transfer, standard appraisal practices and various approaches to real estate valuation. Property ownership, real estate investing and the real estate market are also covered. Brief and informative text lessons are written by professionals in the field and can be printed and used as quick reference material.
About the Exam
The computer-based Illinois AQB Certified General Appraiser Exam is a computer-based test that must be passed by those seeking to become real estate appraisers in the state. The exam consists of eight major content areas with a total of 125 multiple-choice questions. A total of three hours is allotted to complete the exam. Test-takers must achieve a score of at least 75 out of 110 to pass this exam.
Illinois AQB Certified General Appraiser Exam Preparation & Registration
The lessons comprising this chapter address all of the topics you would expect to encounter on the Illinois AQB Certified General Appraiser Exam. Some lessons provide study in the sales comparison, cost and income approaches to real estate valuation and include examples and definitions. Other lessons discuss such topics as property depreciation, market analysis, zoning and building ordinances, property transfer practices, land survey systems, property rights, and land and site valuation methods. The final lesson in this guide addresses terms, reports and rules relating to professional appraisal practices.
Exam candidates must show that they have completed the required number of education hours needed for eligibility. An application with supporting material must be sent by mail. Once the application is approved, exam registration can be completed online, by phone, fax or mail. Online scheduling is completed through the AMP website, while those who register by mail must call to schedule the date and location of their exam. Appropriate identification must be presented at the testing site on the day of the exam.
The Illinois AQB Certified General Appraiser Exam is administered by Applied Measurement Professionals, Inc. (AMP), a PSI business, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Become an Appraiser: Step-by-Step Guide
- Free Online Appraiser Licensing Exam Preparation Information
- How to Become an Art Appraiser
- Appraiser Training Programs, Courses and Requirements
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Insurance Appraiser: Career Profile
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- Appraiser Video: Educational Requirements and Career Options of Appraisers
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses