- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 219
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Fiduciary Duties of an Agent
This course can be found in: Real Estate Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ Real Estate study guides, and 800+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis study guide course goes over the subjects that you'll encounter on the Illinois Real Estate Broker License Exam. The course can help you quickly prepare through the test through the use of engaging and simple lessons, as well as practice quizzes that emulate the types of questions you'll be asked.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course covers all subjects found on the Illinois State Licensure exam for real estate. These lessons provide materials that can help you strengthen your understanding of laws, principles, and ethics related to real estate. The materials can help you prepare for the exam by focusing on subjects such as:
- Regulations and legal issues
- Property ownership
- Real estate encumbrances and investment
- Types of agencies and their responsibilities
- Real estate financing, surveys and valuation
- Closing procedures
- Consumer protection
- Property management
- Business and technology
- The Realtor Code of Ethics
- Contract negotiations and enforcement
About the Exam
This exam is necessary for real estate licensure for brokers, managing brokers, agents, and instructors in the state of Illinois. The computerized test is administered by Applied Measurement Professionals (AMP), which requires you to set up an account. The Broker Exam consists of two portions and you are allowed 3.5 hours to complete both.
This course was last updated in 2019.
Illinois State Real Estate Broker Exam Preparation & Registration
This study guide will help you familiarize yourself with the subjects found on the Illinois Real Estate Broker License Exam. The brief video lessons will refresh your memory of major topics you studied in real estate courses, such as ethics and legal issues. Other subjects include contracts, principles of practice, and different agencies and their roles. At the end of each lesson, you can test your knowledge by taking the interactive quizzes.
Once you have completed the necessary coursework, you can register to schedule an appointment for the appropriate exam. To schedule, you may contact AMP via mail, the online website, telephone, or fax. If you schedule online, you may expect a wait of two business days between the request and making the reservation. Special arrangements can be made when necessary. You may reschedule up to two days before the exam, but if you are more than 15 minutes late to the exam, you will forfeit your application without a refund. If you are taking your exam at an AMP center, they may choose to postpone or reschedule an exam due to inclement weather or an emergency. Visit www.goAMP.com for up-to-date information on examination locations.
Applied Measurement Professionals and Illinois Realtors are registered trademarks and not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- California Real Estate License Courses and Classes
- Real Estate Classes in Illinois with Course and Program Overviews
- How to Get a Real Estate License
- How to Get Your Commercial Real Estate Broker's License
- Real Estate Appraisal Courses Overview
- Real Estate Development Course Overviews
- The 6 Types of Students You'll Have in Your First Class
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- How to Become a Commercial Real Estate Broker
- Commercial Real Estate Course and Class Descriptions
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses