- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 356
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Language?
This course can be found in: ILTS Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ ILTS study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis study guide is designed to prepare you for all of the material you'll encounter on the ILTS Early Childhood Education exam. It includes simple-to-follow lessons taught by professional instructors, as well as quizzes you can take in order to master the concepts on which you'll be tested.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
41 chapters in ILTS Early Childhood Education (206): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related ILTS Courses
About This Course
This course goes over all the content you'll want to be versed in before taking on the ILTS Early Childhood Education exam. Video and text lessons will guide you through chapters on oral language development, print concepts, the early childhood writing process, and much more. By the end of the course you'll have solidified and grown your understanding of all the following subjects as they apply to early childhood education:
- Fostering listening and speaking skills
- Emergent literacy and phonemic awareness
- Print concepts and building spelling skills
- Teaching phonics
- Word identification and vocabulary development
- Reading comprehension and the writing process
- Teaching mathematics and sciences
- Using geography tools
- American and Illinois history
- American civics and economics
- Cultures, fine arts, and social sciences
- Safety, health and physical education
- Social and cognitive development
- Instructional planning
- Individualized education
- The career of an early childhood teacher
About the Exam
The ILTS Early Childhood Education exam is a computer-based test composed of 125 multiple-choice questions that you'll have three hours and forty-five minutes to complete. The exam is made up of three subareas, including language and literacy development, learning across the curriculum, and diversity, collaboration, and professionalism in the early childhood program. A passing score on the exam is 240.
Preparing & Registering for the ILTS Early Childhood Education exam
Within this study guide you'll find multiple features designed to make studying a painless and effective process. Practice quizzes give you the chance to keep tabs on your understanding topic-by-topic so you can better retain information as you delve into new territory. The dashboard feature lets you take a quick glance at your progress and recent activity if ever you're feeling disorganized, and our instructors are available for your questions along the way through the teacher or help tab.
The exam is available to take by appointment Monday through Saturday year-round. Once you schedule your test, you'll be sent testing confirmation information that includes your testing date, time, and location. You'll want to show up at the testing center with current identification half an hour before you're scheduled to take your exam.
ILTS Early Childhood Education exam is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Master of Education (M.Ed): Early Childhood Education Degree Overview
- Master of Arts in Education: Online Early Childhood Education Degree
- Jobs and Salary Info for a Masters in Early Childhood Education
- Masters in Early Childhood Special Education: Program Info
- Online Masters in Early Childhood Special Education: Degree Overviews
- Early Childhood Education in Massachusetts
- Master of Education in Professional Leadership
- Masters Programs for Special Education Instructors
- How Long Is a Master's in Early Childhood Education Program?
- Social Studies in Early Education
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts