- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 100
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Gifted Education? - History, Models & Issues
This course can be found in: ILTS Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ ILTS study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIllinois educational professionals seeking certification in Gifted Education must now pass the National Evaluation Series (NES) Gifted Education test. This study guide covers exam-aligned content, from the fundamentals of gifted education to instruction, assessment and curriculum planning.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related ILTS Courses
About This Course
For the field of Gifted Education, the Illinois Licensure Testing System (ILTS) uses a National Evaluation Series (NES) test for educational certification and professional endorsements. In this study guide, you'll receive a comprehensive review of NES-aligned gifted education standards and content. Through our fast and fun video lessons, you'll find out exactly what you'll encounter on the exam while refreshing your knowledge of these important concepts.
Check out our ILTS test prep materials! We've got ILTS courses to teach you the material, comprehensive ILTS study guides to help you study, ILTS practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational ILTS resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This study and practice guide provides a complete rundown of the concepts, methods and professional responsibilities that align to Illinois gifted education standards, as well as the material you will encounter on the NES Gifted Education test. Beginning with a review of the founding principles and circumstances of gifted education in the United States, the chapters in this course detail the development and instruction of gifted students, procedures and strategies in assessment and curriculum planning, classroom management, communication and more. Upon completion of this course, you will also be able to:
- Elaborate on the history, goals and principles of gifted education
- Describe identifying factors, characteristics and special needs of gifted students
- Identify potential challenges and development factors for gifted students
- Detail the strategies for developing and evaluating a gifted education program
- Discuss the planning and management of a successful gifted education curriculum and classroom
- Describe professional best practices and instructional strategies used for teaching gifted students
- Understand how to design, interpret and implement assessments for gifted students
- Detail the facets of professionalism in gifted education, including publications, advocacy organizations, parent-teacher relationships and community roles
In this study guide, you'll find 100 lessons that correspond to key content areas on the NES Gifted Education exam, organized into 11 chapters and a special flashcard review section. For additional practice, each lesson includes its own mini-quiz that you can use to assess your progress as you work through the guide. Practice chapter exams also help make sure you're on the right track to NES success!
ILTS Gifted Education Exam Information
Aspiring teachers of gifted education classes in the state of Illinois must now pass the NES Gifted Education exam, which is aligned with both state and national teaching standards.
- Number of Questions: 150 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $95
ILTS Gifted Education Exam Breakdown
|ILTS Gifted Education Exam Concept||Percent of the Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Lessons in Course|
|Foundations of Gifted Education||30%||45 questions||29|
|Assessment and Program Planning||30%||45 questions||20|
|Curriculum and Instruction||40%||60 questions||42|
National Educational Series and NES are trademarks of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Gifted Education Certification Requirements in Alabama
- Gifted Teacher Certification in Missouri
- Gifted Teacher Certification in Louisiana
- Music Education Certification in Illinois
- Health Education Certification in Illinois
- M.Ed. in Educational Assessment & Evaluation: Degree Overview
- Why Should I Seek a Higher Education?
- How to Identify a Gifted Student in Your Classroom
- M.Ed. in Online Educational Assessment & Evaluation: Degree Overview
- Addison, Illinois, Educational and City Info
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses