- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 232
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Learning? - Understanding Effective Classroom Strategies
This course can be found in: ILTS Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ ILTS study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryLet us help you prepare to take the ILTS Mathematics exam with the informative lessons found in this fun test prep course. Each lesson is followed by a multiple-choice quiz you can use to check your understanding and see how you might do on test day and where you need more study.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - Math Technology in the Classroom||Take Quiz|
|Lesson 2 - What is an Algorithm? - Definition & Examples||Take Quiz|
Related ILTS Courses
About This Course
This course contains topics that you'll need to fully understand in order to pass the ILTS Mathematics test. Take advantage of the video lessons to pick up useful strategies for solving different types of math problems. These lessons explain key concepts in ten minutes or less and are designed to speed up the preparation process. Some topics addressed in this course include:
- Solving math problems with reasoning and logic
- Utilizing technology for math-related purposes
- Number theory and types of numbers
- Measurement and multidimensional objects
- Patterns and variables
- Linear and quadratic functions and relationships
- Polynomials and functions
- Trigonometry and calculus
- The coordinate plane
- Geometry concepts, including similarity, congruence and symmetry
- Probability and statistical data
About the Exam
The ILTS Mathematics exam is part of the certification requirements to become a math teacher in the state of Illinois. The exam is computer-based and includes 125 multiple-choice questions. Testing dates are by appointment year round. The test focuses on math processes and applications, number sense, measurement, algebra, geometry, and statistics. In order to pass the exam, you must score at least 240.
ILTS Mathematics Preparation & Registration
This course will prepare you for all the content areas found on the ILTS Mathematics test using short video lessons and practice quizzes. The video lessons are short and come equipped with video tags, which help you quickly navigate to certain sections. Use the final exam at the end of the course to make sure you're ready on test day.
In order to register for the exam, visit the ILTS website. You'll need to create an account, and you can then select your testing location, date, and specify where you want the test scores to be sent. You'll receive preliminary results after you take the test, with the full score report arriving within three weeks afterwards. When you arrive on test day, you must have a form of identification and your own graphing calculator.
Illinois Licensure Testing System (ILTS) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Test Prep
- ILTS Test Preparation & Resources
- Best Test Prep, People's Choice Awards
- People's Choice Nominees: Best Test Prep
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Why You Should Take a Practice Test Before You Start Your Test Prep
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- How to Prepare for AP, CLEP, DSST & UExcel Tests
- How to Study for AP Tests
- Nurse Practitioner Schools in Arizona
- Bachelor of Science in Technology Management BSTM Computer Aided Drafting Degree Overview
- Animal Breeding Education and Training Program Information
- Career Information for a Degree or Certification in Photography Film or Video
- Master of Fine Arts Mfa Programs in Texas
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses