- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 166
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How Fitness Influences Learning
This course can be found in: ILTS Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ ILTS study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryWork through this course at your own pace to study for the Illinois Licensure Testing System (ILTS) Physical Education test. The course contains short lessons, practice assessments and supplemental study materials that can help you become fully prepared for this P.E. teacher examination. This Study.com course was last updated in 2018.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related ILTS Courses
About This Course
In this course, you'll review short and simple lessons that go over concepts that appear on the ILTS Physical Education exam. To get ready for this assessment, simply work through our bite-sized video lessons and take the accompanying practice tests. You'll study topics that appear on the exam, such as the cardiorespiratory and musculoskeletal systems, strength and endurance, nutrition, physical education assessments, sports rules and history, recreational activities and much more. The course is available to study online 24/7, which helps you easily incorporate studying time into your schedule.
Check out our ILTS test prep materials! We've got ILTS courses to teach you the material, comprehensive ILTS study guides to help you study, ILTS practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational ILTS resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
To make sure you study the types of concepts you'll likely encounter on the test, we've aligned the course's content closely with the ILTS Physical Education exam topics. Progress through the course to refresh your knowledge of health and wellness fundamentals and physical education instruction and assessment strategies. By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Explain the benefits of physical activity and fitness
- Describe basic nutrition, conditioning and training principles
- Help students develop different types of motor skills
- Define key concepts in kinesiology and human biomechanics
- Use sports, games and movement activities in P.E. classrooms
- Recognize the rules of softball, track and field, volleyball, soccer and tennis
- Identify a variety of outdoor, aquatic and recreational activities
- Address a variety of safety issues in P.E.
- Assess effective PE. curriculum development, instruction and assessment methods
- Outline the ethical and legal standards of physical education
The course is comprised on 168 lessons that are broken into 25 chapters. The bite-sized nature of the lessons helps you quickly work through the course. Be sure to take the accompanying quizzes to check your understanding of the material. You can take the course in sequence or jump to specific chapters from the course dashboard.
ILTS Physical Education (144) Exam Information
This comprehensive physical education exam is part of the teacher licensure process in the state of Illinois.
- Number of Questions: 125
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 3 hours and 45 minutes
- Exam Cost: $122
ILTS Physical Education Exam Preparation and Registration
This course offers you maximum flexibility when it comes to preparing for your ILTS Physical Education exam. After watching a lesson, take the accompanying self-assessment quiz to reinforce the information while it's fresh in your memory. You can also reach out to our subject-matter experts if you need clarification on any lesson topic. When you finish the course, try the final practice test to see if you're ready to sit for your ILTS exam.
Registration for the exam can be made on the official ILTS website. The exam registration process involves creating an ILTS account, choosing an upcoming exam date, finding a nearby testing center and agreeing to all ILTS testing rules and policies. The exam is offered year-round, and testing centers are located nationwide.
Illinois Licensure Testing System (ILTS) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliates, which are not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- How Can I Use Study.com Courses to Homeschool?
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- Overview of Legal Studies Courses
- Distance Education Courses That Can Help Teachers Relocate Easily
- How Do Study.com Courses Align With Common Core Standards?
- The Most Open Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Setting Students Up for Success with Study.com's Courses
- Study.com Expands to Over 100 Credit-Recommended Courses
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses