- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 12
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Internal Customer Service: Definition & Explanation
Course SummaryUse this course to teach your employees strategies they can use to improve your company's internal customer service. Each lesson covers important customer service goals and outlines ways your employees can achieve them.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The video lessons in this course explore the ways your company can develop internal customer service as well as how employees can affect internal customer service. Instructors examine professionalism, business etiquette, job attitudes, workplace communication and more to make sure your employees understand the meaning, aspects and uses of internal customer service. After watching the videos, if you'd like to gauge employees' comprehension of lesson concepts, quizzes and practice exams are available.
How It Works
The resources in this course can help you develop or enhance corporate training sessions focused on improving internal customer service. The video lessons are short, average about 5 minutes apiece. You can have your employees watch them in groups where they can discuss lessons afterward. If time is limited, employees can watch the lessons individually on their computers or mobile devices.
Among the training features this course offers are:
- Engaging video lessons that teach how to improve internal customer service
- Timelines located below videos allow you to skip to key topics within lessons
- Self-assessment quizzes that test employees' comprehension of individual lessons
- A chapter exam on developing internal customer service
- A chapter exam on how employees affect internal customer service
- A final exam that tests employees' overall understanding of how to improve internal customer service
How It Helps
- Improves workplace relationships: Learning how to enhance business their etiquette and strengthen workplace communication can help your employees improve their relationships with one another.
- Strengthens business operations: As employees learn to communicate better, they will be able to work more effectively together, which can strengthen business operations.
- Enhances external customer service: The lessons offer insight into conflict resolution, decision making and the customer service mindset, all of which can help enhance your company's internal and external customer service.
Developing Internal Customer Service
- Understanding the meaning of internal customer service
- Discussing how internal customer service relates to professionalism
- Learning about business etiquette and its benefits
- Developing the customer service mindset and seeing coworkers as customers
- Improving internal customer service by cross-training employees
How Employees Affect Internal Customer Service
- Identifying the major job attitudes and relating them to job satisfaction
- Describing the areas of interpersonal skills in the workplace
- Examining the importance and strategies of workplace communication
- Learning the four decision-making styles
- Managing conflict in organizations by learning conflict resolution strategies
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Courses for Aspiring Customer Service Professionals
- How to Become a Customer Service Supervisor
- How to Become a Customer Service Agent
- IT Jobs Without Customer Service
- Online Customer Service Courses and Training Programs
- List of Free Online Customer Service Classes and Lessons
- Customer Service Degree Program Overviews
- Customer Service Certificate and Certification Programs
- Customer Service Schools and Colleges in the U.S.
- How to Become a Customer Service Engineer: Career Roadmap
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses