- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 16
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Job Satisfaction: Definition, Causes and Factors
Course SummaryImprove your managers' understanding of how to motivate and get the most out of their team members with this training course. Short video lessons teach mangers how to increase employee productivity, responsibility and ownership. The lessons are perfect for both individual or group training.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course focuses on creating informed managers who understand what makes their employees tick and know how to encourage their best behavior and highest productivity while increasing team cohesion. Your management staff will be able to complete the videos on their own schedule in 10-minute chunks or you can present them all in an official training session.
How It Works
Planning a corporate training event is made easy with the materials included in this course. Let our experienced instructors guide your managerial employees through the mysteries of employee motivation in small, memorable bites. Entertaining graphics and anecdotes make learning about reward strategies and motivation fun and engaging.
This management-enriching course simplifies learning with useful features such as:
- Enlightening videos delivered by experienced instructors who are passionate about their topic(s)
- Lesson, chapter, and course assessments which can be used to encourage discussion and test knowledge
- Transcripts you can distribute through email to reinforce the material covered in the videos
- Intuitive navigation tools to easily move between lessons or jump to specific topics within a video
How It Helps
- Explains behavior: Learning how to evaluate employees with unique needs and motivations helps managers tailor their management style to their employees.
- Develops organizational strength: Enriching the work environment and encouraging effective team-building strategies contributes to the overall health of the company.
- Builds leadership: Managers who understand their role and the reciprocal duties in a manager-employee relationship are more effective and foster greater employee satisfaction.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Workplace Motivation, Satisfaction & Performance||Explore the link between motivation and performance as well as sources of job satisfaction/dissatisfaction and employee empowerment.|
|Theories of Motivation in the Workplace||Learn about various theories of motivation and how to apply them to the workplace.|
|Developing & Rewarding an Effective Team||Understand how to synthesize individual and team goals and to create team-based reward systems.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Be a Public Manager: Course and Training Information
- Plant Manager Training Programs and Courses
- How to Become an Employee Training Specialist
- Technical Account Manager: Responsibilities, Training & Career Path
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- Online Office Manager Course and Training Information
- Web Content Manager: Education, Courses & Training
- Typing Practice, Skill Development and Training Lessons
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses