- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 231
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Human Growth and Development Theories
Course SummaryCandidates who need to take the Indiana CORE Assessments P-12 Education exam can review all of the exam's topics with this helpful test preparation chapter. These expertly taught lessons can help you get ready for the test quickly and master essential P-12 education concepts.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
27 chapters in Indiana Core Assessments P-12 Education: Test Prep & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
If you're planning on taking the Indiana CORE Assessments P-12 Education exam, study with this convenient online test preparation course. The course's bite-sized lessons and practice quizzes can be accessed at any time, and our instructors can help you review all of the P-12 education concepts that you could be tested on. The course can be completed at your own pace, and you can expect to study:
- Human and childhood development
- Developmental variations and challenges in students
- Instruction individualization for students with cognitive impairments
- Promoting learning and student diversity
- Gifted students
- The acquisition and instruction of second languages
- Learning and communication theories
- Factors that influence student learning
- Instructional and curriculum planning
- Resources for instruction
- Differentiated instruction and culturally relevant instruction
- Classroom technologies and digital tools
- Strategies for reading instruction
- Engaging and motivating students
- Assessment strategies for teachers in Indiana
- Student assessment adaptation, interpretation and communication
- Creating a positive learning environment and managing the classroom
- Educational professionalism and ethical/legal considerations in education
About the Exam
Aspiring teachers in Indiana must take a developmental (pedagogy) area test as part of the state's program for educator licensure. Based on REPA Indiana Educator Standards, the P-12 Education exam measures the developmental and educational knowledge that instructors must have in order to teach in the state. The exam is entirely computer based, and you'll have to answer 100 multiple-choice questions. A passing score of 220 is required, and you'll have 105 minutes to complete the exam.
Indiana CORE Assessments P-12 Education Exam Preparation & Registration
We've designed this course with flexibility and simplicity in mind. You can prepare for the exam at any time that fits your schedule and on on any device that has an Internet connection. Your course dashboard helps you navigate to the chapter topics you need to study, and each lesson is taught in a simplified and engaging instructional style. We've included lesson quizzes and chapter exams to help you reinforce your understanding of the information. If you have any questions as you study, feel free to reach out to our instructors online. They're happy to help. Lastly, we encourage you to take the course's comprehensive final assessment to make sure you're ready to sit for the P-12 Education exam.
You can register for the exam online at any time through the Indiana CORE Assessments website. The process of registration requires a test fee and an agreement to all testing policies. Testing centers are located throughout the country, and test dates are offered year round.
The Indiana CORE Assessments P-12 Education test is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Masters Degree in K-12 Education: Program Information
- Indiana Core Assessments for Educators
- Should I Become a Special Education Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Major in Education? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- More Than Half of SAT Test-Takers Not Ready for College
- The Most Helpful Free Education Resources
- Hot Topics in Education
- How to Become a Special Education Teacher in Indiana
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- What Can You Do With a Masters in Special Education?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses