- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 233
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Human Growth and Development Theories
Course SummaryThis online course is designed to prepare you for the Indiana CORE Assessments Secondary Education exam in a few short weeks. Access these fun lessons and quizzes at any time to get ready for the test and earn a high score.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
27 chapters in Indiana Core Assessments Secondary Education: Test Prep & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Complete this comprehensive test preparation course to get ready for the Indiana CORE Assessments Secondary Education exam. Inside, you'll find engaging lessons and self-assessment quizzes that cover all of the secondary education concepts that you need to know. The course is taught by expert instructors who use a simplified teaching style, and the course is aligned with the following topics that appear on the exam:
- Human growth and development
- Developmental challenges in educational settings
- Students with individual disorders, impairments and disabilities
- Individualizing instruction for students who have cognitive impairments
- Student diversity and gifted student education
- Factors and strategies for second language acquisition
- Developmental learning theories
- Project-based and interactive student learning
- Promotion of creativity and critical thinking in students
- Positive school learning environments
- Strategies for classroom management
- Use of classroom technologies
- Planning curricula and instruction
- Differentiated, culturally-competent and research-based reading instruction
- Project-based learning
- Digital teaching tools and instructional resources
- Communication methods
- Student engagement and motivation
- Strategies for student assessment in Indiana
- Assessment adaptation, analysis and communication
- Professionalism and legal/ethical issues in education
About the Exam
The Indiana CORE Assessments are part of the state's program for educator licensure. The exams aim to assess all of the knowledge that teachers must have based on REPA Indiana Educator Standards. This developmental (pedagogy) assessment contains 100 multiple-choice questions that must be answered in a 105-minute time frame. You'll take the exam on a computer, and a score of 220 is needed in order to pass.
Indiana CORE Assessments Secondary Education Exam Preparation & Registration
This course helps you prepare for the Indiana CORE Assessments Secondary Education exam any time that works for you. Use any computer or mobile device to access the course, and work through the lessons at your own pace. The bite-sized and entertaining nature of these lessons helps you quickly move through the course and enjoy the studying process. Lessons come with interactive self-assessments to help you retain the educational concepts you study. Our instructors are also available to answer any questions you may have. Print the accompanying lesson transcripts to study offline, and take the course's final exam to see if you're fully prepared for the Secondary Education test.
The exam is offered year round and on a first-come, first-served basis. You can complete your registration online through the official Indiana CORE Assessments website. The registration process requires you to select your desired testing center, pay an exam fee and agree to all of the testing policies and rules.
The Indiana CORE Assessments Secondary Education test is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Indiana Core Assessments for Educators
- Diploma of Secondary Education Online
- Earning Your Indiana High School Diploma!
- List of Free Online Design Courses, Lessons and Tutorials
- How to Prepare for Your First Online Course
- Free Online Courses and Education
- Guide to Online High Schools for Indiana Students
- Secondary English Education Degree Online
- High School Students Taking the Core Curriculum Are Not College Ready
- Online Courses in Woodworking and Furniture Design
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses