- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 131
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Computer Security? - Definition & Basics
Course SummaryUse this collection of lessons to broaden your knowledge of information and computer security, including industry basics, security threats and breaches, encryption, and more. Brought to you by field experts, these lessons address the critical topics in computer security to help you quickly understand complex topics to help you advance in your current position or prepare for a new job.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
These information and computer security training lessons guide you through major concerns and procedures related to data security, as well as the latest forms of security-based technology. The course has been divided into individual chapters, and each chapter contains several brief lessons that break down these vital security topics. Although each lesson can be completed in usually less than 10 minutes, all of our lessons are packed with industry-specific vocabulary words, definitions, informative visual aids, and real-world examples. This course can help you gain important practical skills in the field of computer security, which can help you with future employment or your current position.
The lessons offered in this course teach you how to do the following:
- Describe the essential functions of computer security
- Identify the basics of information security
- Analyze typical information security threats
- Check out data breaches and how to handle them
- Define the fundamentals of the encryption process
- Compare different types of encryption
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Become a Computer Security Expert: Career Roadmap
- Computer Security Specialist Degree and School Information
- Online Computer Security Degree Program Information
- Masters Degree in Computer Security: Program Information
- Computer Security Major and College Degree Program Information
- Computer Security PhD Programs Overview
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking & Security
- Bachelors in Computer Security: Program Overview
- Top Computer Security & Network Security Degree Program in Atlanta
- Careers with Job Security
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses