- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 255
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is an Information System?
Course SummaryIncrease your understanding of computer systems software, hardware, enterprise business systems and more with this engaging information systems tutoring course. Use our video lessons and self-assessment quizzes as a comprehensive, flexible study resource you can access on any computer or mobile device 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other information systems work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn information systems material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding computer hardware, systems software, enterprise business systems, systems development or any other information systems topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their business and technology learning
- Prefer learning business info systems visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing information systems
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in information systems
- Don't have access to their business technology teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning information systems simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live information systems tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn information systems on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Explain what information systems are.
- List the components of a computer system.
- Describe the role of operating systems.
- Understand how the Internet works.
- List the components of a telecommunications system.
- Describe the significance of Enterprise Business Systems.
- Learn about the different types of specialized information systems.
- Discuss some methods for systems development.
- Explain the importance of database management.
- Understand how information technology impacts business and society.
- Learn the basics of programming.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Computer Information Systems Courses and Classes
- All Business About Technology: Profile of a Computer Information Systems Student
- Career Information for a Degree in Computer Systems
- Computer Information Systems Certification Program
- AS in Computer Information Systems: Degree Overview
- Bachelor of Information Technology - Computer Systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems
- Computer Information Systems Military Careers
- Computer Information Systems Degrees in New York
- Computer Systems Software Engineer: Job Duties, Outlook and Salary
- Top College for Earning a Software Engineering Degree - Maitland FL
- 10 Ways to Use Your Education to Give Back
- Measure What You Treasure What Does School Testing Really Tell Us
- International Finance Masters
- How MITs Office of Educational Innovation and Technology Is Making Education Better An Interview with Vijay Kumar
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses