- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 51
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is a Teacher Leader? - Definition & Characteristics
Course SummaryTake this instructional coaching for teachers course to learn or review basic information about instructional coaching. The course can be used for professional development purposes, and it's designed to help teachers better understand instructional coaching's purposes, benefits and applications.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Check out this course's informative and engaging lessons to review the core components of instructional coaching for teachers. This convenient and mobile-friendly teacher resource cover the learning theories and models behind instructional coaching, as well as topics related to instructional coaching feedback, data collection, communication, motivation and professional growth.
How It Works
The course broken into topical chapters that each contain bite-sized video and text-based lessons. The material is accessible on any Internet-connected device, and its 24/7 availability allows you to review instructional coaching topics at any time that fits your schedule. We've also included interactive lesson quizzes and chapter exams to help you evaluate your understanding of the material.
The course includes:
- Short lessons that are taught by subject-matter experts
- An intuitive course dashboard that allows you to quickly navigate to the chapter topics you want to review
- Lesson transcripts that can be printed out for offline study
- Interactive lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a final assessment for knowledge retention.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The course is designed to help you become more aware of the benefits, strategies and professional development of instructional coaches.
- Outlines effective strategies: You'll examine a variety of strategies and approaches that are useful in the field of instructional coaching.
- Improves instructional skills: Applying these strategies, theories and models can help you become a better teacher or instructional coach.
- Understanding instructional coaching learning models and theories
- Applying instructional coaching communication and motivation strategies
- Collecting data for instructional coaching
- Incorporating instructional coaching feedback
- Assessing professional growth concepts for instructional coaches
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Become an Instructional Coach: Education and Job Information
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- Instructional Design Course and Class Descriptions
- Instructional Design Graduate Courses Overview
- CAD Instruction Courses and Classes
- AutoCAD Instruction in NYC: School and Course Information
- How Professional Development Made ME a Better Teacher
- Overview of Life Coaching Courses
- Free Oil Painting Instruction and Courses
- Why Take Online Professional Development Courses?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses