- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 81
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Understanding the Common Core
Course SummaryEnhance your knowledge of math instructional strategies with the resources in this course. The teacher resources course allows you to review concepts and strategies that can improve your teaching techniques and help students retain essential math topics.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Our instructors designed this course to meet your needs as a math teacher in the classroom. You'll find lessons on different instructional strategies that you can use to educate children on the subject of math. Use our video and text lessons to discover new approaches to math instruction.
How It Works
As a teacher, you have a demanding schedule and limited time. Our lessons are comprehensive, but also brief for your convenience. You can also access our lessons from a variety of electronic devices at any location that gives you internet access.
In this course you will find:
- Video lessons no longer than 10 minutes that present different instructional strategies
- Fully written transcripts filled with key terminology and phrases in bold
- A timeline feature that allows you to skip around to specific areas of a video lesson
- Lesson quizzes, chapter tests and a final assessment on everything this course discusses
How It Helps
- Promote an efficient learning environment: Learn new methods that have been proven to be effective in creating a math learning environment that increases knowledge retention.
- Recognize issues that may arise in classroom: Understand the signs that students may be struggling with math and look at various ways to intervene.
- Apply different teaching strategies: Use this course to discover new teaching methods, then apply them to your own classroom.
|Standards & Planning for Math Instruction||Identify the different standards that are set for teaching math such as the Common Core.|
|Creating an Effective Math Learning Environment||Create an efficient classroom and meet the needs of each student through different techniques.|
|Instructional Strategies for Student Achievement in Math||Recall the different ways teachers can approach teaching math such as using visuals and movement activities.|
|Student-Centered Instructional Strategies for Math||Analyze the benefits of instructing students through a learner-centered approach.|
|Teaching Critical Thinking, Logic & Reasoning in Math||Evaluate the various ways teachers can increase critical thinking and reasoning skills to help for students to excel at math.|
|Integrating Math with Other Disciplines||Apply knowledge of math and how to integrate it into other subjects.|
|Using Technology in the Math Classroom||Assess the importance and the benefits of using technology in the classroom.|
|Teaching Strategies for At-Risk Math Students||Recognize the signs that students may be struggling with math and learn how to help these students succeed.|
|Assessing Student Learning & Providing Feedback||Explain how to assess student learning, how to assess their progress and the types of intervention that can be used.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Teaching Strategies | Instructional Strategies & Resources
- Reading Comprehension Strategies & Resources for All Teachers
- Teaching ESL Students | Resources for ESL Teachers
- 45 Essential Resources for Student Writers
- Business Strategy Course Overviews
- Essential Financial Aid Resources for Returning Students
- Where to Find Free Math Courses Online
- ESL Teaching Strategies for ESL Students
- Global Business Strategy Classes and Courses
- Human Resources Management Courses in Brookfield, WI
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses