- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 48
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The History of Technology in Education
Course SummaryUse this teacher resource course to review or learn new strategies for successfully teaching online courses. The lessons contained in this course address theories and examples to fully illustrate the effectiveness of several online instruction methods.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
How does knowledge of different learning styles help the development of online teaching practices? What communication methods are most effective when working with online students? Which assessment strategies work best in an online learning environment? This short but engaging course will guide you through various processes you can try out if you are seeking ways in which to improve the online learning experience for both yourself and your students.
How It Works
By accessing this course, you will have the opportunity to go over short, informative text lessons and answer practice questions in corresponding quizzes to measure your understanding of the material. Lessons can be accessed at any time, on any device, and the text is printable so you can use them as handy reference tools.
This course includes:
- Short, printable lesson transcripts
- Text displaying easy language and examples to fully illustrate each method and strategy
- Self-assessment quizzes that help you gauge what you have retained from the lessons
- Opportunities to contact instructors online with any questions you might have about this course
How It Helps
- Provides tips and strategies: Find out ways you can employ more effective teaching and assessment methods as an online instructor.
- Builds stronger communication and evaluation skills: Introduces you to improved methods for responding to and evaluating online students.
- Focuses on improved student performance: Helps you understand different learning styles and ways in which to deliver content and monitor student progress to ensure optimal student achievement.
|Learning Theories for Online Education|| The history of educational technology|
Intelligence and learning theories
Understanding the concept of multiple intelligences
|Preparing for Online Teaching|| Institutional technical requirement for online learning|
Online course management systems
Online teaching models, including self-blend and online driver models
The development of learning objectives
Aligning online courses with course objectives
Professional development and support resources for online instructors
|Selecting & Delivering Content for Online Courses|| How to select appropriate technologies for specific online courses |
The development of critical thinking skills in online learning
The use of Digital Stories to help online faculty improve the use of technology
The use of interactive television as an online delivery method
Methods for assuring the quality of online course content, instructional practices and technical performance
|Course Management Techniques for Online Instruction|| Online course management techniques|
How to provide support and convey student responsibilities in online learning environments
Online classroom management strategies for small and large classes
Managing online learning activities
Establishing work parameters for online students
|Effective Instructional Strategies for Online Teachers|| Techniques for guiding students through the online learning experience|
Ways to create an online learning community
Using online communication tools to facilitate interaction
Effective uses of online forums
Motivational techniques for online instructors
The importance of self-regulation for online learners
Assigning student groups for peer review purposes
Cultural and conflict management practices in online classrooms
Practices to build stronger management skills for online instructors
|Communicating with Students Online|| How to establish reasonable response times as an online instructor|
Formulating questions for online forums
Apply assessment techniques to student posts on learning forums
Providing effective feedback for online students
Adapting online instructional approaches based on student inquiries
The use of interactive communication technologies
Communication methods for conveying changes to and managing disruptions of online learning classrooms
Understanding rules and etiquette of online communications
|Student Assessment & Data Evaluation in Online Courses|| Understanding the importance of educational assessments|
Assessment strategies for online students
Aligning assessments with instructional goals
Student monitoring and progress tracking for online learners
Components of the Checklist for Online Interactive Learning (COIL)
Using evaluation data to modify or adapt online teaching methods
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Courses for Becoming an Art Teacher
- Online Teacher: Educational Requirements for Teaching Online Courses
- Learn Copywriting From Home Courses Available Online
- Online Teachers Aide Courses and Classes
- Online Courses for Becoming an Announcer
- Free Online Literary Theory Courses: Where Can I Find Them?
- Online Banking Classes and Courses Review
- Online Cryptography Course and Class Reviews
- Online Japanese Courses and Classes Review
- Online Merchandising Course and Class Reviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses