- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 149
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is an Interior Designer?
Course SummaryThis course covers introductory topics in interior design, such as color theory and space planning. The engaging lessons can be used for a variety of academic or career enhancement purposes, or you can use it to improve your interior design knowledge for your own home.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Brush up on information you might already know or learn new facts about interior design concepts and practices. You can access text or video lessons and even take self-assessment quizzes to ensure your understanding of the material discussed before moving on to the next lesson.
The lessons comprising this course can be used by a variety of learners, from students of interior design courses to professionals seeking to learn more about this field.
- Students taking college courses and seeking to obtain a degree in interior design who are looking to supplement class materials or prepare for a test.
- Teachers of interior design courses who are looking for new ways to present material or who wish to use the lesson quizzes to help students determine how much they understand about these topics.
- Professionals studying for licensure or certification tests.
- Homemakers with an interest in decorating their homes.
- Basics of interior design
- Color and applied color theories
- Color systems
- Space planning
- Culture and color
- Styles in interior design and architecture
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Interior Design and Interior Decorating Career Video
- Career Info for a Degree in Interior Design
- Interior Design: Job and Career Information
- Top Schools for Interior Design
- Interior Design: Diploma Summary
- Online Interior Design Courses and Certification Programs
- Interior Design Graduate Programs with Course Information
- How to Choose Schools with Interior Design Programs and Courses
- Interior Design Courses in Massachusetts with Degree Summaries
- Top School in Indianapolis for Interior Design Courses
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts