- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 127
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How the Economic and Legal Environment Affects Business
Course SummaryTake Intro to Business for Teachers to earn 3 college credits to apply toward your licensure renewal requirements. Learn with fun and engaging business video lessons that you can watch around your teaching schedule.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How It Works
Earn professional development credits to renew your business teaching license with Intro to Business for Teachers. Brush up on business topics so you can better teach accounting, finance, and other business-related courses. Learn on your own schedule and at your own pace. You can complete this course in under two weeks - perfect for teachers who need to earn business credits in a hurry!
- Watch engaging video lessons about economics and leadership styles.
- Check your knowledge of things like marketing and risk management with practice quizzes and exams.
- Ask clarification questions from our expert business instructors.
- Earn 3 college credits by taking the DSST Intro to Business exam.
Always check with your school district or state Department of Education to ensure that the course credits will be accepted before beginning the course. DSST credits are accepted by over 2,000 schools and directly by many state departments of education.
Who's It For?
Intro to Business for Teachers is ideal for any teachers looking to earn credits to use toward licensure renewal. The flexible, self-paced format makes it easy to fit your studies into a busy schedule. The course is fully online, so you can study anytime, anywhere. This course also benefits:
- Business teachers who want to brush up on business fundamentals
- Teachers who want to incorporate engaging business videos into their instruction
- Teachers planning an intro to business unit or course
- Aspiring business teachers
Why It Works
- Fun and Engaging: Animations and interesting examples make intro to business easy to learn.
- Expert Instructors: Expert business instructors break difficult concepts down so they are easy to remember.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Quizzes and practice exams let you review business terminology and key concepts and track what you've mastered.
- Quick and Flexible: Learn on your own schedule and on any device. You could earn business credits in less than two weeks.
- Access our full library of professional development courses for teachers, including Business Law for Teachers, Macroeconomics for Teachers, and Fundamentals of Education for Teachers.
- Find 10,000 engaging lessons that you can use in your classroom or assign out to students.
- Watch more lessons in business as well as accounting, economics, business law, and other related topics.
- Earn transferable college credit for dozens of courses.
Evaluate This Course
After you've worked through all or part of the course, please share your feedback with us! We take the quality of our lessons and courses very seriously and appreciate any comments on how we can improve your experience. If you'd like to let us know how effective you found this course, please fill out our survey by clinking on this link.
Course Plan for Earning Credit in Less Than Two Weeks
Follow this course plan if you want to complete Intro to Business for Teachers and be ready to earn transferable credit in less than two weeks. For each chapter assignment, take all of the lesson quizzes and the practice chapter exam at the end of each chapter. If you miss any questions, review the video lesson to master the concept.
|Day||Assignment||What You'll Learn|
|Day 1||Chapter 1|
|The Dynamic Business Environment (the living standard, the impact of taxes on business, business trends)|
Practicing Social Responsibility and Ethical Behavior in Business (types of codes of ethics in business, social responsibility)
Economics and Business (basic economics, how free markets operate, recession and depression)
|Day 2||Chapter 4|
|Business in Global Markets (comparative and absolute advantage, key terms in importing and exporting, trade protectionism)|
Forms of Business Ownership (sole proprietorships, types of partnerships, corporations)
Entrepreneurship and Small Business (definition of entrepreneurship, small business management, small business' role in the global economy)
|Day 3||Chapter 7|
|Managing and Leading in Business (tiers of management, roles of management, organizational controls)|
Leadership Styles in Business (types of leaders, including task- and people-oriented leaders, servant leaders and bureaucratic leaders)
|Day 4||Chapter 9|
|Organizational Management (basic theory of management, types of organizational designs, organizational culture)|
Business Production and Operations (role of operations management, productivity, ISO 9000 Certification)
|Day 5||Chapter 11||Workplace Productivity and Motivation (motivation theory, the Pygmalion Effect, job flexibility)|
|Day 6||Chapter 12|
|Basics of Human Resources (the hiring process, termination, performance evaluation)|
Managing the Employer-Worker Relationship (history of organized labor, collective bargaining, current issues in labor-management relations)
|Day 7||Chapter 14||Business Marketing Basics (definition of marketing, consumer buying decisions, social factors in marketing)|
|Day 8||Chapter 15|
|Production Development and Retailing (types of consumer products, branding, dimensions of retailing)|
Product Distribution and Supply Chain Management (services marketing, retail distribution strategies, logistics)
|Day 9||Chapter 17|
|Pricing Strategy in Marketing (relationship selling, correct pricing strategy, price elasticity)|
Product Promotion in Business (goals of promotion, advertising media choices, the role of public relations)
|Day 10||Chapter 19|
|MIS Basics in Business (enterprise business systems, resources of an information system, types of Internet services)|
Implications of Information Technology (privacy concerns, rights to digital property, threat prevention)
|Day 11||Chapter 21|
|Risk Management (methods of risk management, insurance)|
Accounting Basics (how businesses use accounting, technology for accounting, Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures)
|Day 12||Chapter 23|
|Financial Management in Business (duties of financial managers, debt and equity capital, long-term financing sources)|
Securities Markets and Business (trading securities, bonds, mutual funds)
|Day 13||Chapter 25||Money and Financial Institutions (definition of money, functions of money, the Federal Reserve System)|
|Day 14||Final Exam||Take the practice final exam to see what you've mastered and make sure you are ready to earn credit for intro to business|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Learn Business
- North Dakota Teacher Licensure Renewal
- Business Videos
- Do I Have to Take College Entrance Exams to Earn Transfer Credit?
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Teacher Certification Video: Earning a Teaching Certification or Teaching Credential
- Get $1000 for Earning College Credit!
- Ohio Business Education Licensure
- Learn Business Strategy
- Learn International Business
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses