- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 70
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Creating Workbooks in Excel: Blank Workbooks and Templates
Course SummaryLearn how to create graphs, tables and charts using Microsoft Excel with this engaging tutorial course. Use our short video lessons to learn the basics of using this program for school, home, or professional use.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
Use the video lessons and self-assessment quizzes included in our Intro to Excel course to develop your familiarity with this spreadsheet software. Our instructors can take you beyond Excel's basic data entry functions and show you how to create visually appealing charts, graphs, and tables.
Lessons in this course can teach you to:
- Create Workbooks and Worksheets: Begin your study of Excel with lessons introducing you to workbook options. You can learn how to apply workbook themes, change page setup properties, and edit your work. Our instructors also show you how to modify the worksheets within them.
- Order and Sort Data in Cells: Once you've tackled workbooks and worksheets, find out how to insert data into cells. You can also learn how to find and replace this data, format text, and insert or modify sparklines. Get tips for using SUM, MIN, MAX, COUNT, and AVERAGE functions used to summarize data, and learn how to transform them into conditional formulas.
- Create and Modify Tables: Lessons on this topic show you how to transform ranges into tables you can use to manage data. Find out how to add and remove cells in a table, define titles, and apply or remove styles. We'll also show you how to insert a total row and filter or sort data.
- Format Charts and Graphs: If you'd like to create visual displays of your data, we can show you how to generate charts and graphs. Learn how to select a chart type and switch between rows and columns in your graph's source data. We can also help you tweak their visual effects by adding legends and applying layouts or styles.
(Note: All demonstrations in this chapter will be using Microsoft Excel 2013. Certain features, tools, or displays may be different in other versions.)
Excel is a registered trademark of Microsoft, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Where Can I Learn How to Make Clothes Professionally?
- Learn Hypnosis: Certification Program and Course Information
- Learn Equipment Repair: Vocational Courses and Programs
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Learn to Bake Professionally: Career Education Program Overviews
- What We Can Learn From the School System in Finland
- Learn French Translation: Course and Training Program Information
- Learn Precision Carpentry: Course and Training Program Overviews
- Learn Unix Online with Unix Courses and Training Programs
- Learn Civics
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses