- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 366
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Overview of Literary Periods and Movements: A Historical Crash Course
Course SummaryIf you need some assistance in your Intro to Humanities class, check out this tutoring course. Our video lessons and quizzes are accessible on any mobile device at any time to help boost your confidence and knowledge so you can get a better grade in class.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other introductory humanities work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn introductory humanities material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding symbolism and imagery in literature, allusion and illusion, Roman art, Baroque sculpture or any other humanities topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their humanities learning
- Prefer learning humanities visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing introductory humanities
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in introductory humanities
- Don't have access to their humanities teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning introductory humanities simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live humanities tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn introductory humanities on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Identify literary techniques and terminology.
- Review literary time periods, including Medieval and Renaissance literature.
- Explore Victorian literature.
- Describe Romanticism and Romantic poetry.
- Map out modern literary movements.
- Investigate examples of drama from around the world.
- Analyze poetry from early and modern cultures.
- Point out influential American writers.
- Show the connections between nonfiction and philosophy.
- Distinguish elements of architectural history.
- Sum up the major changes in visual art.
- Define musical elements.
- Inspect music of the Middle Ages and the Renaissance.
- Compare music from the Baroque, Classical, and Romantic eras.
- Decipher the characteristics of modern music.
- Explain the impact and history of Jazz music.
- Study aspects of popular music, world music, and musical theater.
- Review an overview of the performing arts.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Humanities Class and Course Descriptions
- Online Intro to Management Courses and Classes
- Music Video Director Courses and Classes
- Video Production Courses and Classes Overview
- Digital Video Courses and Classes Overview
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Music Video Editing Classes and Courses Overview
- Help Desk Analyst Courses and Classes Overview
- Aeronautical Courses and Classes
- Transmission Courses and Classes
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses