- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 104
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Why Study Psychology? - Overview & Experiments
Course SummaryUse this interactive Intro to Psychology textbook course as a helpful way to engage with your students. Our short video and text lessons contain the same information that you'd find in a traditional psychology textbook at a far lesser cost.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Any instructor who teaches psychology can consider this textbook replacement course an excellent resource for their classroom. The lessons in this course provide high quality instruction and cover the same or even more information than that found in most psychology textbooks.
How it works
The short, engaging video lessons on topics like neuroplasticity, perceptual development and biological psychology are perfect for briefly introducing a psychology topic and initiating class discussion. The chapter and lesson structure is similar to traditional psychology textbooks, making a transition to digital learning simple and straightforward. Just like you'd assign textbook reading assignments, you can assign one or more video lessons to your students conveniently through the website and even review them in class to initiate discussion or class projects.
- Identify the chapter in this course that corresponds with your curriculum or lesson plan.
- Assign one or more of the short and engaging video lessons as homework.
- In class, engage students in discussions and/or interactive activities that focus on the lesson topics.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your students' understanding of language acquisition, the history of intelligence testing and the states of consciousness. Submit questions, feedback or suggestions to our expert instructors from your Dashboard.
Cut your textbook costs with Study.com's online psychology textbook. Our courses cost less than traditional textbooks and are more engaging and interactive. For the same cost, your teachers and students can access all of the courses in our library, including textbooks, common core, AP courses and more.
- Cost Effective: Using our psychology textbook can save schools hundreds if not thousands of dollars typically spent on physical textbooks.
- Engaging Content: Unlike dry textbook instruction, our lessons bring developmental psychology, Freudian defense mechanisms, types of heuristics and other psychology topics to life while providing a high level of quality education.
- Exceptional Instructors: The lessons are taught by outstanding educators who make concepts like biological bases of intelligence and theories of emotion easy to understand.
- Blended Learning: All of Study.com's courses are perfect solutions for a flipped classroom environment, blending classroom, digital and mobile learning into one package.
- Skill-Building Courses: In addition to in-depth instruction, courses include practice lessons, quizzes, practical learning exercises and how-to guides to help students develop higher-order thinking skills.
- Adaptive Learning: Our fully online textbook courses integrate technology in classrooms to give students an important understanding of psychology as well as the technical skills they'll need for their future.
Study.com offers you the solution to packing around multiple heavy textbooks from class to home every day. Using our fully online psychology textbook course offers convenience, fun video lessons, outstanding instructors, and relief from back pain!
Using the Course
Using the course is simple. You can find any topic you're currently studying in psychology class, or if your school uses this course in the classroom, you can get your assignments through links sent by your teacher via email. Even if your school uses traditional textbooks, you'll find this course offers a great supplement and brings psychology lessons to life. The short videos give you an easy, fun and helpful way to better understand and absorb psychology theories, assessments and classifications.
- Identify the psychology topics you're studying in class, or click on the lesson links sent to you.
- View the short and engaging psychology video lessons.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your understanding of topics like humanistic psychology, dissociative disorders and statistical analysis.
- Submit questions to our expert instructors for additional help with any psychology topic covered in the course.
Why It Works
Our psychology course supports your individual learning style and your lifestyle. Check out some of the helpful and practical ways this course can be valuable to you as well as the advantages to having a complete resource to complement your classroom lessons.
- Fun Videos: Our lessons entertain while they teach you about parenting styles, personality disorders and trait assessment testing.
- Helpful Instructors: In addition to being subject-matter experts in psychology, our instructors are available to help you with any questions you have related to the course.
- Accessible: You can access this psychology course and view the video lessons from any computer or mobile device from home or on the go.
- Learn Your Way: Whether you learn better through discussion, viewing the video or reading the lesson transcript, we've got you covered.
- Keeping Up in Class: If you need to miss class or don't quite understand a psychology concept, you can use this course to make sure you don't fall behind.
- Psychology approaches and specializations
- Behavior, perception and sensation
- Consciousness states
- Cognition and learning
- Personality, emotions and motivations
- Social and developmental psychology
- Classifications of psychological disorders and treatments
- Statistical analysis and measurement
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Promoting Low Cost Textbooks for Community College Students
- 5 Secrets for Reducing Textbook Costs
- How to Skip the Textbook and Still Earn an A
- Why Buy a Textbook When You Can Rent?
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- Become a Textbook Author: Salary and Career Information
- Nicole Allen Takes the Fight for Lower Textbook Costs on the Road
- Where to Find Free and Low-Cost Textbooks
- Clinical Psychology Class and Course Information
- Abnormal Psychology Course and Class Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses